Ranked: The 5 Best Thanksgiving Foods

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Here we are, once again. Another year, another list of the classic Thanksgiving dishes that matter The Most™ in terms of taste and overall quality. And no, we will not be taking criticisms. 

5. Corn Bread

What could be more appropriate for the plummeting temperatures than a warm, flakey and buttery morsel of corn bread? Don’t be afraid to drizzle on some honey, if you really feel like getting fancy with it! It’s the embodiment of Thanksgiving and is, objectively, better than both corn and bread. 

4. Wine

A bit unconventional upon first glance (after all…this isn’t exactly a food), but still vital enough to make our list. What would the holidays be without a little fun? From whites to reds to the rosés in between, it’s a classic that we’re truly grateful for this holiday season. 

3. Stuffing 

We have to admit…some of us were stuffing haters for years. But ultimately, who can resist the pull of a bread pudding? When something only comes around once a year, you have to savor it. It’s like a Supreme clothing drop, but food style.  

2. Ham

Turkey’s hotter older sister, ham, is here to make a statement. Dunk this glazed icon in some gravy and take your spot on the right side of history: among those who recognize her – with all of her salty and fatty goodness – as the superior Thanksgiving meat.

1. Mashed Potatoes 

Could this top spot truly belong to anything else? Potatoes – one of the most versatile and transformative foods of our time – deserve to have this moment. Find us someone who can’t stand behind the buttery goodness that are mashed potatoes. We dare you. 

What do you think of our list? Do you agree? Find us at @HerCampusLUC on Twitter to tell us what you think! And may you have a happy and food-filled Thanksgiving – no matter what you’re eating.

HCLUC Co-CC Shelby is an LUC senior studying multimedia journalism, cultural anthropology, political science and Asian studies. Although she grew up in South Dakota, she has found homes in Chicago, Morocco, and Vietnam. She strives to continue traveling the world to seek out human triumphs and trials by telling stories through a fresh, unbiased viewpoint. When she's not studying or working, Shelby is a devoted fan of sunsets, strawberry smoothies, and Seth Meyers.