Queen of Thrift

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Kelsey Weir is a Sophomore at Loyola University Chicago and when it comes to style her specialty is thrifting. Kelsey loves to go thrifting and find the funkiest pieces that she can pair together to create the ultimate thrifted and unique outfit. 

Kelsey’s favorite places to find the coolest clothes for the lowest prices are Goodwill, Salvation Army, Buffalo Exchange, and the Army Surplus store. Sometimes it can be overwhelming when going thrifting, so Kelsey looks for specific items depending on the season. Some of her favorite things to look for when thrifting are sweaters, shoes, bags, cool T-shirts, jean jackets, windbreakers, and jewelry. With her wardrobe consisting of a lot of thrifted pieces Kelsey likes to find other items from some of her favorite stores such as American Apparel and Urban Outfitters to pair with her more unique pieces.

Kelsey says that her favorite thing about thrifting are that the clothes are always cheap and one of a kind! Everything that she finds at a thrift store is different and is able to transform any outfit into something extraordinary. 

What she’s wearing:

Shirt: H&M $5

Sweater: Goodwill $5

Earrings: Salvation Army $6

Headband: Salvation Army $2

Shorts:Urban Outfitters Surplus Store $5

Shoes: Goodwill $13