This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Buxom Cosmetics recently released a line of lip colors, the “Va-Va-PLUMP” Shiny Liquid Lipstick. When I look for a good lip color, I think about how it’ll look on my skin tone, how long it will last, and how easily transferable it is. Here are my thoughts on the shade, “Wine Me”:

My reaction: As a person with darker skin, I’ve had a hard time finding lip colors that don’t look too light or emphasize my “5-o’clock shadow”. For most of my makeup-wearing life, I’ve avoided lipstick for this very reason. I’ve enlisted the help of numerous seasoned Sephora employees and tried on entire collections owned by my fairer-skinned friends, and I have rarely found a lip color that didn’t wash me out. Because of these discouraging experiences, I was fully expecting the same results after trying out Buxom’s Wine Me shade. And yet, I was pleasantly surprised! The lipstick was definitely bright and very pigmented, so a little definitely goes a long way. However, it was buildable and actually gave some much-needed color to my otherwise chocolate complexion. I now use the shade on a daily basis, partly because I’m a broke college student and don’t plan on buying another lip color until I’m finished with this one.

Here’s what a few of my friends had to say about the Wine Me shade of Va-Va-PLUMP Liquid Lipstick:

Lizzie: “One thing I don’t like about it is that because it’s such a good pigment and such a good lip color, it’s hard to get the stain off your skin if you go outside the lines. It’s really bold – it’s a risk.”

Upon biting into her apple later that same evening, Lizzie noticed that her lipstick had noticeably stained her snack. However, the pigment had stayed put on her lips, “Oh hey! It doesn’t smear! It stains stuff but it doesn’t smear. That’s dope.”

Jenny: “I like the color, but I don’t know if I like it on me. And being fairer-skinned, it stands out a lot.”

Jenny subsequently decided to wipe off the lipstick before a wild night out at the library.

Zach: “Damn, that is a good color on me!”

Zach proceeded to wear the lipstick to his Fraternity committee meeting that same evening, and received many compliments from his brothers. I daresay he wore it the best out of all of us.

And for your viewing pleasure, here’s Zach’s initial attempt at trying it on:

And with that stunning sight, I’ll leave the final word up to you! I personally recommend the color to anyone with a darker complexion (like myself) who isn’t afraid of a bold makeup look and hasn’t had much luck in the past with other brands. However, I definitely believe that the “Wine Me” shade looked amazing on all of my beautiful–both inside and out–friends!

I am a fourth year student at Loyola University Chicago. I am highly interested in journalism, and social media marketing, especially when it comes to news and fashion. My current experiences consist of sales in different companies throughout the Midwest, such as Ann Taylor and Kate Spade, and editorial work with various companies, including Her Campus and Orange Coast magazine.