Style > Beauty

The Nourishing Oil Your Skin has been Looking For

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

The seasons are changing, it’s getting dry and cold outside, and your skin is trying to adjust accordingly. Maybe the nippy weather is causing some flakiness, or dehydration is bringing out the oil. Don’t panic. Mary Kay Naturally Nourishing Oil has your back!

After just two uses, we observed a noticeable difference in the way our skin looks and feels. The blend of olive, sweet almond and sesame oils was designed to lock in moisture, which is a must during these frigid times. And the formula is made without silicone, alcohol or any synthetic fragrances, chemicals or dyes – gentle enough for even sensitive skin! 

But wait…isn’t “oil” what you’re supposed to be avoiding? Especially if you already have oily skin? 

Never fear! Even if your skin type is oily and acne-prone (like us), excess oil is usually your body trying to tell you it’s compensating for something. Using products with healthy, non-mineral oils is the key to keeping skin balanced, hydrated and soft.

Mary Kay’s nourishing oil is a refreshing way to give your skin a little love during the harsh winter months. It’s simple to apply and effortlessly absorbs into the skin for a little nighttime TLC. 

Other reviews for the product have noticed that a few drops of the oil can be added to exfoliating powders, moisturizers or even your hair as needed! Here at HCLUC, we have to agree that such a versatile and effective formula must be stanned. 

We worked the product into our nighttime skincare routines after toner and before face cream. To apply, just rub two or three drops between your palms and then onto your face. The oil has an addicting scent akin to warm vanilla that’s perfect for a pre-sleep routine. Afterward, your skin feels moisturized and ready for bed. It’s an easy step that only takes seconds and is well worth the benefits.

This winter, oil is no longer something to shy away from. Instead, embrace the movement toward healthier, happier and moisturized skin! If you want to try it out for yourself, you can purchase a bottle from Mary Kay for $48.

Photo courtesy of Mary Kay 

HCLUC Co-CC Shelby is an LUC senior studying multimedia journalism, cultural anthropology, political science and Asian studies. Although she grew up in South Dakota, she has found homes in Chicago, Morocco, and Vietnam. She strives to continue traveling the world to seek out human triumphs and trials by telling stories through a fresh, unbiased viewpoint. When she's not studying or working, Shelby is a devoted fan of sunsets, strawberry smoothies, and Seth Meyers. 
Emma Sulski

Loyola '20

Emma is a senior at Loyola University Chicago, where she studies journalism and history. A Chicago native, she loves finding new hole-in-the-wall spots in her favorite city. When Emma’s not writing or working in the Information Commons, she’s probably listening to musicals, watching Marvel movies or reading the latest Stephen King novel.