Style > Beauty

My Fall and Winter Skincare Routine for Radiant Skin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Fall is in full swing and cold weather seems to be just around the corner! Although I love fall and everything the season brings, I don’t love how the chilly air makes my skin feel dry and dull. Not only does the outside weather affect our skin’s health, but constantly turning up the heat inside our homes also impacts our skin’s ability to stay hydrated. Since Chicago and Illinois in general tend to get extremely cold in the winter, it’s so important to find products for your skincare routine that will keep your skin happy and hydrated during these colder months. That’s why I’ve compiled a list of my favorite skincare products to satisfy your skin all season long.

1. Derma E Hydrating Cleanser

For me, finding a gentle hydrating cleanser is the first step in creating a great skincare routine. I have somewhat sensitive skin and use prescription acne medication, so it’s really important to find a cleanser that will cleanse and hydrate my skin without drying or breaking-out my face. I’m somewhat of a skincare connoisseur and I’ve tried so many drugstore and high-end cleansers over the years, but this Derma E Hydrating Cleanser is honestly my all-time favorite. I absolutely love how it’s a gel consistency and doesn’t foam up too much, because foaming facial cleansers tend to contain ingredients that dry out skin. One of the key ingredients in this cleanser is Hyaluronic Acid, which helps keep my skin soft and hydrated all day long. This cleanser is also sulfate and paraben free, cruelty-free, vegan, and certified organic.

2. Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Face Soy Moisturizer

I feel like most people have heard of this moisturizer because it’s been a cult favorite for a long time. This daily moisturizer from Aveeno keeps my skin hydrated and doesn’t leave a greasy film on my face. It is so important to use SPF on your face everyday! Even if you aren’t leaving your home or it’s not sunny outside, make sure to use SPF because it protects your skin and helps prevent wrinkles. I’m the kind of person that forgets to put SPF on if it’s a separate step in my skincare routine, so I love finding a daytime moisturizer that includes SPF like this Positively Radiant daily moisturizer.  

3. Derma E Vitamin C Gentle Daily Cleansing Paste

Next up is one of my favorite exfoliators. I love exfoliating my face to reveal smooth, soft skin. However, many of the exfoliators I’ve tried contain exfoliating particles that are way too harsh and abrasive on my face. That’s one of the reasons I love this Derma E Vitamin C Gentle Daily Cleansing Paste. It contains tiny exfoliating particles that exfoliate my face gently and don’t irritate my skin after. It can be used as an exfoliating cleanser or a mask, and is formulated with brightening golden turmeric and ancient rice. I use this product two to three times a week, and I’ve noticed that my skin is always softer and more radiant after I use it. Some other things I love about this cleansing paste is that it’s cruelty-free and paraben-free.

4. Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Hydrating Mask

My last recommendation is this incredible mask from Origins. I’m always on the lookout for a high-quality facemask with great ingredients, and this one does not disappoint. I’ve been loving sleeping masks lately because they’re so easy to apply at night when I’m super tired and don’t want to use a mask that I have to wait to rinse-off. I simply apply this all over my face after cleansing at night, and then wake up in the morning to soft, hydrated skin. It’s as simple as that! This mask contains hydrating avocado butter and Hyaluronic Acid, and it smells so incredibly good.

Those are all of my skincare picks for fall and winter! Incorporating a good skincare routine into your life is important all-year round, but it’s especially important during the colder months when your skin can become dry and dehydrated. Remember that high-quality skincare doesn’t always mean high prices! Most of the recommendations I’ve shared are under $20 and can be found at your local Target. I hope you found a new product or two that you’re excited to try this season!

Harshita is currently a junior studying Information Systems and Human Resources at Loyola University Chicago. She is passionate about traveling, hiking, cuddling her two cats, and discovering cruelty-free beauty.
Ellie is an Assistant Social Media Editor for Her Campus, College Fashionista and Spoon University. An avid coffee drinker and TikTok enthusiast, she is passionate about all things social justice and exploring the city of Chicago.