Meet Rachel Babbits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Have you met one of Loyola’s most dedicated undergrad students? Well, you are about to learn more about her! Her name is Rachel Babbits, and she is a junior in the Quinlan School of Business. She is double majoring in Information Systems and Marketing; she is also a Quinlan ambassador. I got the wonderful opportunity to sit down with Rachel Babbits and ask her some questions so that we can all get a better sense of who she is.

Her Campus: How long have you been a Student Ambassador for the Quinlan School of Business? What is you role as a Student Ambassador?

Rachel Babbits: I have been a Quinlan Ambassador for two years. As an ambassador I, along with about 15 other students, create events for students and faculty to attend to get to know Quinlan as a whole and each other in the school. One of our biggest goals is to be a liaison between students and their professors.

HC: Do you also have a job on top of all your classes and being a Quinlan Ambassador?

RB: In addition to being a Quinlan Ambassador, I am also a TA for Information Systems.

HC: How do you juggle all these responsibilities? Do you have a good time management system?

RB: It can be difficult juggling all of the responsibilities I have in one day. I would have to say time management is key. Without keeping track of time it can get a little out of hand. I usually tend to make a list of things that I have to do and focus on each one of those things before going on to the next task, especially if it is due the next day.

HC: What are your goals for the future?

RB: I would have to say that my goals for the future are to finish my degree in Information Systems and Marketing at Loyola and also during those years, have a few great internships that can lead me to my dream job in the business world, right out of college. In addition to that I also have a goal of getting my MBA and then even possibly going on the get my PhD (but again one step at a time!).

HC: What is your passion?

RB: This is a tough question to answer only because I am passionate about most things that I do. I would say I am most passionate about my schoolwork and learning as much as I possibly can to help me excel in the business world. When I first came to Loyola, I just randomly chose to pick business because some of my family members also chose that path. I was terrified to start working towards my business degree but this has been the best decision I have made so far, and has even turned into one of my biggest passions.

HC: Tell me about some of your hobbies! What do you like to do during your free time?

RB: I have many hobbies such as reading, running, photography and cooking. A lot of times during the school year, I am not able to do as many of those hobbies so another hobby that I have acquired is being involved in any and every information systems/data competitions. This past April, I participated in the Kraft Data Challenge. Within this competition, I was able to learn all kinds of things but most importantly some new software that have helped me in school. This month, I will be participating in another competition for Teradata. My team became finalists this summer and we will be presenting our findings to judges in California. With each of these things there have been numerous challenges, but that is what makes this one of my new found hobbies. It is a great feeling when you can accomplish things that many would say is almost impossible to do especially at such a young age, but each of these events proves to me that I have chosen the right career path for myself.

It is evident that Rachel Babbits has a bright future ahead of her. She has already accomplished so many things and she is only an undergraduate student. She is also involved in great organizations and her hobbies help her excel, especially in the business world. I am so proud to call Rachel one of my best friends!

Christy is a senior Psychology and Spanish major. She is one of the Campus Correspondent's of Loyola Univeristy Chicago's Her Campus chapter. She basically lives for Zumba classes and corgis. Her passions include promoting domestic violence awareness and mental health awareness and she does so through Alpha Chi Omega and Active Minds!
Molly is the Loyola University Chicago CC, a PR consultant and fashion merchandiser by day, a blogger by night, and a coffee addict all the time. She's a Starbucks and Sephora VIP member, which is both a blessing and a curse, and would rather get Valentino than a Valentine. Her interior design efforts usually incorporate elk, while her wardrobe consists of black, black, and slightly darker shades of black.