danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Career

Jamming Out with DJ Jess

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

WLUW 88.7 is a student-run radio station broadcasted out of Loyola University Chicago’s School of Communication. Its mission is to play fresh, independent tunes without the typical top 40 songs heard on other stations. 

Every semester, new DJs step into the studio to try their hand in the booth and play their tastes on the airwaves. This fall Jess Dominguez, a sophomore communications major, took the plunge and signed up for a show. Now several weeks in, she’s found a new sense of confidence and passion through her work. 

You can catch Jess every Friday night from 7-8 on 88.7 or live online at wluw.org.

HCLUC Co-CC Shelby is an LUC senior studying multimedia journalism, cultural anthropology, political science and Asian studies. Although she grew up in South Dakota, she has found homes in Chicago, Morocco, and Vietnam. She strives to continue traveling the world to seek out human triumphs and trials by telling stories through a fresh, unbiased viewpoint. When she's not studying or working, Shelby is a devoted fan of sunsets, strawberry smoothies, and Seth Meyers.