An Introduction

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Hayley Accola is a junior at Loyola, and is a psychology major with a minor in the psychology of crime and justice. She is smart, fun, and is always down for a good cup of tea. She is not only my friend but a writer for Her Campus. This week I asked her a few questions as a way to introduce her article for next week.

Meet Hayley Accola.

Madison Freeman: What has been the most important day of your life so far?

Hayley Accola: The day I was born; how could I have any of this life I am living without first being brought into it? Otherwise, I would have to say starting college, moving into a new place, leaving home, and everything that comes along with that. That is when I really felt like it was my turn to show the world what I could do.

MF: What is the biggest life lesson you have learned?

HA: It’s not going to be easy. Every life has its ups and downs, but no one’s life is quite like another, and that’s why it is so special.

MF: What is a quote you live by?

HA: “Everything happens for a reason.”

MF: What would you say your best quality is?

HA: I am very conscientious and very independent. I enjoy taking pride in whatever I do and I always want to succeed and learn new things. Also, I love to have fun and am a big fan of spontaneity!

MF: If you could do one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?

HA: I would spend time with my mom and my best friend; just talking, smiling, and laughing. Or, a life full of travel would be absolutely amazing.

MF: What is your favorite word?

HA: Bubble. I think it is just such a cute word and its is really fun to say. Plus, bubble tea is my favorite drink!

MF: What do you want to be when you grow up?

HA: I thought as I grew up, this would become super clear and there would be no question about it. It’s not 100% clear yet, though. I am studying psychology and criminal justice, so my goal is to help people and learn about people and the lives they live. Whatever job allows me to do this at the intersection of those two fields… I am on board and excited for it!

I am a fourth year student at Loyola University Chicago. I am highly interested in journalism, and social media marketing, especially when it comes to news and fashion. My current experiences consist of sales in different companies throughout the Midwest, such as Ann Taylor and Kate Spade, and editorial work with various companies, including Her Campus and Orange Coast magazine.