This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Hairspray grew to popularity in the 50’s and 60’s and remains an iconic product today. This product is great for keeping down harsh flyaways and protecting cutesy curls from coming loose. I know hairspray is a staple in my hair collection and I find myself using it more and more now that I live in the windy city. I was kindly given two hairspray products from the Survival Kit to try for the week from TIGI’s Bed Head range.

TIGI Bed Head Hard Head Hairspray

I was kind of wary about this product at first because it felt sticky on application, but it surprisingly did a really great job at keeping my hair in place all day. My natural hair is thick and I have a ton of flyaways that frame my face so this product helped to keep my hair slicked back when I wore it up in a ponytail. The product also doesn’t leave my hair feeling stiff. I like that it gave my hair a strong hold without weighing it down. I would probably use this product more so for special occasions.

Rating: 4/5

TIGI Bed Head Masterpiece Massive Shine Hairspray

This hairspray gave my hair a healthy shine while also holding it in place all day. The product also smells amazing! I prefer this hairspray for daily use because it’s not too heavy duty like the Hard Head hairspray.

Rating: 5/5

I had a hard time choosing a winner between the two products because I feel that they both do different things; however, if you want a hairspray with a stronger hold I would have to go with the Hard Head hairspray. The Masterpiece Massive Shine Hairspray is a better option if you want glossy-looking hair that smells great!

Samar is a senior broadcast journalism major and global and international studies minor at Loyola. Although she hails from Toledo, Ohio, Samar has found homes in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and Rome. She has spent the past three years with Her Campus, sharing her insights on politics, women's issues, as well as beauty and lifestyle hacks.  
I am a fourth year student at Loyola University Chicago. I am highly interested in journalism, and social media marketing, especially when it comes to news and fashion. My current experiences consist of sales in different companies throughout the Midwest, such as Ann Taylor and Kate Spade, and editorial work with various companies, including Her Campus and Orange Coast magazine.