Getting There #8: A Conversation with Dr. Beth Knobel

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

It’s the first episode in the new studio and the girls could NOT be more excited about it!! They’re finally broadcasting out of WLUW’s podcasting studio at Loyola University Chicago. They’ve done it. They’re official.

What better way to kick off the new era than with a special conversation with the esteemed and inspirational Dr. Beth Knobel?! 

She’s an author, an international journalist, a professor, a mom and the former Moscow Bureau Chief for CBS News. Today she is here to speak to your favorite duo about some things she’s learned along the way: the inspiring, the heartbreaking and the hilarious. And as the three discuss being young, being a woman and being a journalist, they share their personal fears and hopes. 

It’s an episode you won’t want to miss – even if you aren’t considering a career in journalism. 

HCLUC Co-CC Shelby is an LUC senior studying multimedia journalism, cultural anthropology, political science and Asian studies. Although she grew up in South Dakota, she has found homes in Chicago, Morocco, and Vietnam. She strives to continue traveling the world to seek out human triumphs and trials by telling stories through a fresh, unbiased viewpoint. When she's not studying or working, Shelby is a devoted fan of sunsets, strawberry smoothies, and Seth Meyers. 
Her Campus LUC CC Diana is a senior at Loyola University Chicago pursuing a bachelors degree in Creative Advertising, with a minor in Visual Communication. As a self-proclaimed horror novel enthusiast, avid drinker of intricate coffees, and pseudo art aficionado, Diana hopes to share her wide array of passions with the HERCampus readers.