Style

‘Fit Friday with MOT: Patterned Pants

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Loyola’s Men of Tomorrow club discusses fashion, etiquette and the confidence that comes with both. Each week they’ve got an expert style tip, ranging from formal to casual and everything in between, to help take us all to the next level. 

The weather outside may have plummeted, but that doesn’t mean that our fashion has to slow down! Men of Tomorrow Co-President, Ben Piscopo, may not own a pair of patterned pants (yet), but they’re on his list as a must-have. 

“They are a great way to spice up your wardrobe and stand out a little bit,” said Piscopo. “Introducing some pattern in your fitshows you have an eye for detail and that you’ve put some extra thought into how you want to present yourself.” 

A classic look no matter who’s wearing them, patterned pants are more than just a hip e-boy trend. As Ben points out, they’re the perfect option for transitioning between casual and semi-formal situations. “Just switch up your shoes and you’re good to go,” he says. 

Pick a more streamlined look and put your patterned pants together with a solid colored sweater for a look that turns a more casual fit on its head, or go bold and put another pattern on top. With the weather as dark and dreary as it has been, don’t be afraid to be the most vibrant one in the room! 

And although Piscopo doesn’t have his own pair yet, he’s looking to grab some in gray plaid soon. Like this pair from Uniqlo for $29.90 or this one from Topman for $75. 

HCLUC Co-CC Shelby is an LUC senior studying multimedia journalism, cultural anthropology, political science and Asian studies. Although she grew up in South Dakota, she has found homes in Chicago, Morocco, and Vietnam. She strives to continue traveling the world to seek out human triumphs and trials by telling stories through a fresh, unbiased viewpoint. When she's not studying or working, Shelby is a devoted fan of sunsets, strawberry smoothies, and Seth Meyers.