Style

‘Fit Friday with MOT: Air Jordan 1 Shadow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Loyola’s Men of Tomorrow club discusses fashion, etiquette and the confidence that comes with both. Each week they’ve got an expert style tip, ranging from formal to casual and everything in between, to help take us all to the next level. 

As Chicago begins the transition from fall into winter a good shoe can elevate your style and make you stand out on even the grayest and rainiest of days. This season, Dhruv Patel, a senior finance major, says you can’t go wrong with the Air Jordan 1 Shadow.

Photo courtesy of Dhruv Patel  ​  

Patel says this is his go-to shoe right now. “The silhouette itself is my favorite and an all time classic,” he said. “Because of the colors I can easily throw them on with numerous outfits.” 

We simply have to stan such a classic choice. The muted colors of the shoe go well with the palettes of the season while the higher ankle creates a visual line that helps elongate the leg. It’s a rare commodity, as they’ve only hit shelves three times, which also ups the “must-have” factor. If you want to cop your own pair, the average sale price is $251. 

Try styling this shoe with lightwash or black jeans and a dressier sweater for the perfect casual-chic look that’s made for the streets of Chicago!

HCLUC Co-CC Shelby is an LUC senior studying multimedia journalism, cultural anthropology, political science and Asian studies. Although she grew up in South Dakota, she has found homes in Chicago, Morocco, and Vietnam. She strives to continue traveling the world to seek out human triumphs and trials by telling stories through a fresh, unbiased viewpoint. When she's not studying or working, Shelby is a devoted fan of sunsets, strawberry smoothies, and Seth Meyers.