Fashion – Around the World

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Being an international student allows for an abundance of culturing experiences. It brings out the best of both— or multiple— worlds.

Sweden, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, France and the United States… This girl has been all over the world absorbing fashion trends, incorporating them into her wardrobe, and now, sharing her finds for the world to see. Talk about making the most of every opportunity…

Caroline Sletton Larson, a junior and public relations major at Loyola University Chicago spends her time attending fashion shows, events and scouting out the newest styles of the seasons. But how does a hobby like fashion find itself on the Internet? “I got into blogging with glossfashion.com, a Swedish magazine website, from my previous blogging experience,” Larson said. “Blogging for a magazine is an amazing opportunity and because it’s Swedish, it allows me make the effort to reach out to my Swedish readers a bit more.” Making the culture jump is as simple as clicking a button—literally. “The blog has Google Translate at the top of the screen to convert the site to English,” she said.

But as with anything, there are struggles in getting things up and running. “I remember when my blog was first getting started and my click count was at about 5000,” Larson said. “I was so excited about the website’s traffic until I realized that all the clicks were from me- so I had to make some adjustments.” And the work was worth it, according to Larson. “I love blogging for the [magazine] because I don’t just write about fashion, I write about whatever inspires me- food, activities even movies.” she said. “Anything I think my audience might be interested in is fair game to post.”

“Now, my blog has made a major improvement in traffic and I’m doing giveaways.” Larson said each giveaway is different. Usually, readers are required to “like” or “follow” her blog along with the company she’s advertising. While the blog appeals to fashion savvy people on a budget, the beauty of it is “anyone can enter,” she said.  “We’re college students, we don’t really have money, so giveaways are great because everyone likes free stuff.”

Check out Caroline’s fashion blog here

Mandaline is a senior at Loyola University Chicago studying International Business and Marketing at the Quinlan School of Business. You are most likely to find her running along the Lakeshore Path, trying out a new local restaurant in the city, or promoting Her Campus LUC on campus!  Mandaline is thrilled to be one of the co-founders of Her Campus LUC and  hopes that everyone enjoys the fantastic community that is Her Campus!