Fall Fashion for Back to School

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

We all know summer is the best season, but nothing beats fall fashion. Fall is the time of year we all take advantage of before it drops below freezing. Going back to school obviously means buying new essentials for the school year and I’m here to let you know what you absolutely need for this fall season.

1. Teddy Coat (photo: https://iamgia.com)

Although the teddy coat was trending last fall, I thought it was essential to mention it now. It’s the perfect coat to wear with a cute top during the fall, but it’s also great for winter time to layer on top of a thick sweater or sweatshirt. I recently ordered one off the site I.AM.GIA where it first came out, but you can definitely find dupes for this coat at Forever 21 or H&M. Also a quick tip: if you order the I.AM.GIA version off princesspolly.com a ton of youtubers have 20% discount codes that you can look up to save money. Some codes I found are: JULIA20, LOVEMH, and EM20.

2. Leggings (photo: https://www.lulufanatics.com/item/7270/lululemon-align-pant-ii-nocturnal-teal )

Yes, I know leggings are super obvious and basic, but I swear there is nothing better than getting a new pair of good quality leggings for the back to school season. My favorite are the lululemon align crop– they are the comfiest and best fitting leggings I have ever owned and are definitely worth the money. They also have super cute neutral colors that you can get to add something different to a lazy day outfit.

3. White Sneakers

If you don’t get new shoes for back to school, can you even go back to school? My favorite thing about a new school year is that I always invest in a new pair of sneakers. Currently my favorite are the Nike Air Force 1s that I’m positive every girl has. They are truly the most comfortable shoe, and they go perfectly with any outfit.

4. Animal print (photo: https://www.amazinglace.com/products/black-and-white-snake-studded-boots?variant=12493687685198 )

I have been wanting a pair of patterned booties for the longest time, and I think they are amazing for the fall weather. Snakeskin or leopard are currently my two favorite animal prints that I am dying to get my hands on. Any animal print, in any style- skirts, coats, sweaters- are great pieces to add to your fall wardrobe.

5. Beanies (photo: https://www.journeys.com/product/adidas-Trefoil-Beanie-Pink-38513 )

Beanies are no doubt my number one fashion piece that I need for the fall. You can find cute beanies just about anywhere for pretty cheap, but I personally love how cute and trendy the adidas beanies look. They also come in multiple colors that can help add a pop to an outfit. Beanies are also great for practically– they stop your hair from flying around in the Chicago wind and they keep your head warm on the colder days.

All of the pieces I mentioned are a great way to add comfort and style to your closet in the fall time. They are also perfect transition pieces for the cold Chicago winter that is inevitably coming. Happy back to school shopping to everyone!!

Hi! I'm a sophomore at Loyola Chicago and I'm an advertising major!
Annie Kate Raglow is a fourth-year honors student at Loyola University Chicago. She is a journalism major with a music minor, and she enjoys her role as contributor for the LUC chapter of Her Campus. Annie was Campus Correspondent when the chapter re-launched at LUC. She has a passion for traveling and meeting new people, as well as advocating for social issues. Career goals (as of right now) include opportunities in investigative or documentary journalism. Music is a huge part of Annie's life, and one of her favorite pastimes is performing at local Chicago "open mic" nights. She also loves finding independent coffee shops! Annie is ambitious in pursuit of her journalism and music skills, and loves everything that Her Campus has to offer.