A Day in the Life of a Graduating Senior

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

As spring semester starts, seniors across campus are having mixed feelings about graduation. Some are dreading it and might not have any idea of what they want to do with their future post-graduation, while others are very excited to graduate and have their lives all figured out. Whether you are one of these seniors or somewhere in-between, you can relate to these nostalgic feelings below:

1. Remember when we were freshmen and lived in first year residence halls where we had to check our guests in? Now we mostly all live in apartments where the hardest part of bringing in guests is getting up from bed and buzzing your friends in. Oh, how times have changed.

2. On our first day of college ever, we were so excited to learn. Throughout our college years, our love of learning kind of, let’s just say, decreased. However, now that we are realizing that this is our LAST SEMESTER EVER (unless we are going to graduate school) of learning, we suddenly get super sad that we are never ever going to sit in a classroom again to learn about quadratic equations. You might see some seniors running to their professors’ offices to vent about their mixed feelings about never learning again.

3. Do you remember when you were a cute little sophomore sitting around in de Nobili dining or, better yet, Damen Dining, and you realized that your floor mate was sitting alone eating your all-time FAVORITE cereal? So, naturally, you walked over to this person, introduced yourself again (of course they remembered you), and both fangirled over Lucky Charms. Ah, making friends was so easy. Those were the golden days!

4. Reflect back to when you were a freshman and were allowed to live in Regis. Now, Regis is mostly for upperclassmen and you have to deal with jealous younger students telling you that you were so lucky that you got the opportunity to live in such an awesome dorm. Yeah, that’s right, bow down sweeties.

Whether you are feeling sad about graduation or you cannot wait to leave this campus, we all have to admit that Loyola has given us the most amazing four years of our lives that we will always cherish and never forget. Here’s to all my fellow graduating seniors! May the future bring you love, luck, fortune and joy!

Christy is a senior Psychology and Spanish major. She is one of the Campus Correspondent's of Loyola Univeristy Chicago's Her Campus chapter. She basically lives for Zumba classes and corgis. Her passions include promoting domestic violence awareness and mental health awareness and she does so through Alpha Chi Omega and Active Minds!