CC Corner: Favorite Fall Coffee Drinks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

We are so excited to dive into the fall months ahead. So much so, that we wanted to share with you our favorite coffee drinks for the fall! Whether you prefer a piping hot latte or a crisp cold brew over ice, we’ve got the fall drink reccommendations for you. 

Ellie:

Fall is a great season for everything. Fashion trends are full of layered sweaters, jackets, and cute boots. Stores are packed with Halloween and Thanksgiving decorations, as well delicious smelling candles. However, what I love most about fall is that my coffee drinking gets a serious upgrade. 

It’s no secret that I am slightly addicted to Starbucks, so when the fall drinks finally come back into their stores, I tend to take my obsession to new levels. The pumpkin cream cold brew is my all time favorite cold drink for the fall season. The bitter cold brew and sweet cold foam complement each other flawlessly, creating a grande-sized cup of fall perfection (*chef’s kiss*). This drink is also slightly less sweet than your average pumpkin spice latte, so if you’re not too keen on overly sugary drinks, this one might just be for you! 

Another favorite of mine is a double shot over ice with oat milk. I usually add my favorite syrups to this to add some extra flavor! My go-to is the sugar free vanilla, but the cinnamon dolce syrup is equally as delicious. When I’m not drinking an iced coffee, my favorite warm beverage is a classic mocha with an extra shot of espresso. This drink is great with all types of milk, so be sure to try out a few before you decide which one is your favorite! 

Although I absolutely love Starbucks (like seriously, they should be sponsoring me at this point), I can’t deny the goodness of a classic cup of black coffee in the morning. I usually drink mine straight, with no cream and sugar, but occasionally I will add some pumpkin spice creamer if I’m feeling festive! Anyway you make your coffee, you really can’t go wrong with the fall flavored drinks on the market right now. 

Amanda:

I’m not going to lie, I was a pumpkin hater for most of my life. With all the pumpkin spice flavored foods that started popping up in stores as early as August (Cheerios, Oreos, Philadelphia cream cheese — seriously, I could go on forever), I was sick of pumpkin season before it even started. It was so mainstream and ubiquitous that I thought it simply could not be as good as everyone made it out to be.

I’ve still never had a true pumpkin spice latte, and I’m still not a huge fan of most pumpkin spice-flavored things. However, I definitely agree with Ellie. Starbucks’ pumpkin cream cold brew is simply the cream of the crop when it comes to fall drinks (no pun intended). I also recently started liking Dunkin’s pumpkin iced coffee, and now that they have oat milk (!), I like to add that as well. Dunkin’s pumpkin flavor is definitely sweeter, but you can adjust the amount of syrup to your preference!

Another favorite fall drink of mine is a chai latte. I know, it’s not coffee, but it truly tastes like fall in a cup (and you can always make it a dirty chai and add a shot of espresso if you’re feeling frisky!). Every chai latte is different, and my favorite is from Argo Tea. They have really discovered the perfect blend of warm spices and creamy milk — and as a perfect bonus, they don’t charge extra for non-dairy milks!

Hopefully we gave you some ideas of how to enhance your typical coffee drinks and infuse some fall flavor into your life! Don’t forget to share with us YOUR favorite fall drinks on social media by following us at @hercampusluc!

Ellie is an Assistant Social Media Editor for Her Campus, College Fashionista and Spoon University. An avid coffee drinker and TikTok enthusiast, she is passionate about all things social justice and exploring the city of Chicago.
Amanda is a senior at Loyola University Chicago studying English and multimedia journalism. She's originally from the Cleveland, Ohio, area and is a huge baseball fan. When she's not drowning in papers (and even sometimes when she is), Amanda can probably be found watching her latest Netflix obsession or drinking coffee in one of the many great cafés throughout Chicago.