Candid With Loyola’s Most Well-Known Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Photo Credit: Dan Rogers courtesy of Pedro Guerrero

If you do not know him personally, I’m sure you still know who he is. You might know him as that smiling face that always makes an effort to acknowledge you as you pass him on campus, the guy with amazing voice you hear during Aca’fellas performances, or maybe you know him for his prestigious title; president of Loyola’s USGA, or Unified Student Government Association.  Pedro Guerrero, 22, might be the most well-known student on Loyola’s campus. He attends all major university events, is active in numerous organizations on campus, and has a special talent for remembering the name of each person he meets.

I was lucky enough to chat with the infamous Loyola student to talk about what he does in his few moments of spare time; his commitments average at about 55 hours per week!

If he isn’t catching up on the latest season of House of Cards or spending quality time with friends or family, he’s out experiencing the eclectic food and music culture in Chicago.

He loves going out to eat and trying new places, especially when his parents are in town. After studying abroad in Rome, he developed an interest in red wine and beer. He jumps on any opportunity to learn more about them and is well on his way to being a connoisseur of sorts.

You can often find him checking out a local Acapella concert, winning student tickets to see the newest theater or Broadway performance in town, or taking the time to go to the symphony and listen to a classical music performance.

“Music is one of my escapes, or distractions, I love live music. When I’m back home in St. Louis I love to go to this low key blues bar with my friends, or go to the St. Louis Symphony with my parents, I always drag them to the Christmas Show,” says Guerrero.

When the weather warms up, he can’t wait to go biking down Lake Shore Drive. He says there is something so perfect in taking a moment to sit by the lake and enjoy the scenery, either reading a book, listening to music or just thinking alone for a moment.

“My current environment requires me to act faster than I think at times,” states Guerrero, “that can be detrimental, so doing things where I can just think is really rewarding.”

Guerrero admits that he is like the rest of us and does get exhausted at the end of the week, but that doesn’t stop him from immersing himself in new things and doing something enjoyable every once and a while. He’s an inspiration for all us go-getters out there and a true “Loyola Campus Celebrity” that will be famous for years to come. 

LUC Contributor Account