Campus Cutie: Craig Paulson, ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Name: Craig Paulson

Year: Junior

Major: Double major in Finance and Economics with a Minor in Theology

Hometown: Libertyville, Illinois

Relationship Status: Single

Interested in: Women

What are you involved in on campus? I’m in Alpha Kappa Psi the business fraternity, I lead retreats, I’m a freshmen companion, and I’m in the business honors program.

What is your favorite thing about going to Loyola? There’s just such a sense of community. I’m sitting here and I can see so many people that I know. I just always feel comfortable; no one is ever too serious.

What is your go to pick up line? Welcome to Craig Paulson.

What is your greatest quality that you bring to a relationship? I would say depth. I’m not just going to ask you how you are because it’s polite, I want to truly know how you are and have a conversation about it. I think I truly care about people on a deeper, more personal level.

What do you look for in a relationship/partner? You know I’m still trying to figure that out. I feel like it always changes.

Describe your perfect date! Well, I have to pick her up and drive somewhere. We would go to dinner, someplace familiar to me but somewhere she doesn’t know. Then we would just walk and talk.

Do you think a good and healthy relationship in college is possible? Yes absolutely, if both people know what they are getting into and that they are going to be committed to just each other I think it could work.

Do you have any best/worst date stories? Best: Ok so it was our two-year anniversary date, I picked her up and we drove to McDonald’s. I went in and put a white tablecloth and candles down on the table and ordered to whole menu. She was so upset. But, well that was happening I had my friends set up a table under a gazebo. We went there after McDonald’s and had ice cream and it was snowing all around us. Perfect.

What is the first thing you notice about a girl? Her smile. If you take pride in your smile and you just like embrace who you are, that’s so awesome.

What do you do to get a girl to notice you and do you think it works? I smirk; it shows off my dimples, which are my best quality. I’m not athletically built so I go off of my smile and personality. I absolutely think it works.

Anything else you want to tell the girls of Loyola? Not all guys are bad.

Our two words to describe Craig Paulson: absolutely genuine.

Loyola sophomore lover of gluten free pizza and online shopping. An advertising/public relations major with an unknown dream job!
Molly is the Loyola University Chicago CC, a PR consultant and fashion merchandiser by day, a blogger by night, and a coffee addict all the time. She's a Starbucks and Sephora VIP member, which is both a blessing and a curse, and would rather get Valentino than a Valentine. Her interior design efforts usually incorporate elk, while her wardrobe consists of black, black, and slightly darker shades of black.