Style > Beauty

The Best Shampoo for Halloween (and Forever!)

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

This Halloween, give your hair a treat that will trick your wallet into thinking you’re buying a much lower-quality product. That’s right, we’re getting ghosty with it. 

After switching to VERB’s Ghost shampoo, conditioner and hair mask, there’s absolutely no turning back. The products are sulfate, paraben and gluten free, which means you’ll be keeping your hair clean of dirt, grime and harsh chemicals. They’re also color safe and have UV protection. A protective layer that feels as light as air? Sign us up. 

It turns out that ghosts are perfect for both October and your shower. 

I have thin, delicate hair that many shampoos tend to leave greasy and stringy. Typically I’ll wash my hair every three days and by the third, I have it up in a hat to help hide all the extra oils. I also have waves, which can be hard to maintain by the third day. 

Before trying the ~ghost wave~ I had heard rave reviews of the product, but I wasn’t sure what to expect. 

By the end of my first week, I knew I was hooked. You could say it’s my new ‘boo.’ 

This product left my hair feeling light and fresh well into the fourth day of not washing. Seriously, I cannot describe how weightless my hair felt all week long. It felt light and clean every time I ran my fingers through it and kept its volume much longer than what my regular shampoos and conditioners resulted in. That meant that my curls were defined and popping until I showered again. And to top it all off, my scalp felt cleaner and less grimy. It’s also worth mentioning that the shampoo and conditioner both smell fantastic and will have your hair smelling as clean as you feel.

I’ve recommended this product to all of my friends and have been preaching about what a revolution it makes in the shower. If you want to see what the hype is all about, right now a 12-oz. bottle of shampoo is only $16 on VERB’s website. This is a product that holds up against salon-quality shampoos, exists on a college-friendly budget and will keep you looking like your best boo-tiful self for days. 

So treat your hair to some ghost loving this season. But be careful…you might just become a fan forever! 

Pick up your own bottle for $16 at VERB

HCLUC Co-CC Shelby is an LUC senior studying multimedia journalism, cultural anthropology, political science and Asian studies. Although she grew up in South Dakota, she has found homes in Chicago, Morocco, and Vietnam. She strives to continue traveling the world to seek out human triumphs and trials by telling stories through a fresh, unbiased viewpoint. When she's not studying or working, Shelby is a devoted fan of sunsets, strawberry smoothies, and Seth Meyers.