The Best Looks From Couture Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Spring 2016 Haute Couture Week kicked off on January 24th in Paris and we couldn’t be more excited. Fashion houses like, Chanel, Versace, and Givenchy all participated in fashion week, and once again blew us all away with their incredibly unique designs. In my personal opinion, this year’s Haute Couture Week had the most gorgeous fashion pieces I’ve ever set my eyes upon. Seriously. From delicately beaded dresses, to daringly low-cut necklines, and out-of-this-planet designs, this fashion week will honestly make you realize the insane amount of work, time, creativity, patience, and effort that goes into creating these jaw-dropping works of art. With that said, here are six of my favorite looks from couture week!

This year, Karl Lagerfeld decided to tone things down a bit and have this season’s collection be zen-esque. In this particular piece, model Magda Laguinge glides the runway in a very colorful, but serene gown. Despite the low-cut neckline, the A-line fit gives the overall ensemble a soft and delicate touch, which, as a result, serves as the perfect reason to be part of Chanel’s zen-esque spring collection.

Slay, girl, slay! This daring and devilishly fearless gown caught all eyes during the Alexandre Vauthier show. Its risky cutouts and high slit made it jaw-dropping, but the rich scarlet color created a bold statement.

Elie Saab does it again! Wearing a jacket and wide-legged pants, the model struts down the runway in yet another one of Elie Saab’s breathtaking fashion ensembles. The white and silver color combination is enhanced by the intricate beading. To complete the look, the model is wearing a headband, fanny pack, and combat boots, all of which are richly silver. Overall, this ensemble is truly a work of art.

This Zuhair Murad piece is just that: show-stoppingly subtle. The gorgeous model stuns the audience with this beautiful long gown. The incredible embellishments, cinched waist, and high slit turns this subtle and soft pink gown into a show-stopping statement.

All hail the Queen of Ivy! Creative designers of Valentino, Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli, created a wonderful collection this season, consisting of fashion pieces that revolved around an exotic feel with a touch of Venetian design. This particular dress simply captivated the crowd. With its stunning Venetian pattern and subtle use of sheer, this Valentino dress is, without a doubt, breathtaking.

It was all power and feminism at the Versace show this week! The one and only Gigi Hadid struts her way down the Versace runway in this all black pantsuit. The deep V neckline and slashed details creates a bold statement and demands attention. Simply put, don’t mess with Gigi while she’s in her power suit!

Molly is the Loyola University Chicago CC, a PR consultant and fashion merchandiser by day, a blogger by night, and a coffee addict all the time. She's a Starbucks and Sephora VIP member, which is both a blessing and a curse, and would rather get Valentino than a Valentine. Her interior design efforts usually incorporate elk, while her wardrobe consists of black, black, and slightly darker shades of black.