This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Over the past year, we’ve all probably picked up a new hobby or two since the pandemic began. While I’ve always loved to cook, it can be hard to find new recipes and motivation for creating delicious meals. That’s why I started looking on Instagram for food bloggers that pair yummy recipes with gorgeous food photography to inspire me to actually make something new instead of just adding the recipe to my endlessly long food Pinterest board. 

If you need some inspiration to get you back into the cooking mood, I’ve got you covered with four of my favorite food bloggers to follow.

@halfbakedharvest

Half Baked Harvest was the first food blog I followed at the beginning of 2020. Tieghan Gerhard, the mastermind behind HBH, instantly drew me in with her colorful photography and easy to follow recipes. Tieghan creates all her recipes in her gorgeous, renovated Colorado barn studio, and she draws her inspiration from her large family and favorite places. I also love that Tieghan often shows step by step instructions for recipes in her Instagram stories, which are super helpful for people that aren’t pros in the kitchen yet. 

Tieghan also published two cookbooks, The Half Baked Harvest Cookbook and the Half Baked Harvest Super Simple Cookbook. Let me just tell you, I absolutely love the HBH Super Simple Cookbook. It’s filled with so many easy recipes, from breakfast and brunch to uncomplicated dinners. The HBH Pinterest account is where I most often draw recipe inspiration from. Some of my favorite HBH recipes include the Homemade Broccoli Cheddar Cobbler, Overnight Cinnamon Roll Bread with Chai Frosting, and Slow Cooker Herbed Chicken and Rice Pilaf.

@twocupsflour

While I like to cook savory recipes, I absolutely love baking above all else. So, when I stumbled upon Two Cups Flour, a baking blog created by Jenn Davis, I was immediately obsessed. The blog’s simple yet eye catching photography, combined with recipes that often combine delightfully surprising flavor profiles, has inspired me to try recipes that bring me out of my comfort zone. 

Two Cups Flour has a variety of recipes that include breakfast ideas, bread and pastry inspo, and of course, an endless index of desserts. If you’d rather make savory recipes, Two Cups Flour also has a collection of savory dishes, as well as drink ideas. I personally love Two Cups Flour’s Southern Buttermilk Biscuits (literally the best biscuit recipe ever), Poached Pear Cardamom Cakes, and Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

@ohsheglows

I’m always interested in trying vegan recipes, but many of the ones I’ve looked through involve complicated ingredient substitutes that can often be expensive. Enter Angela Liddon, the founder of Oh She Glows. Oh She Glows is a food blog devoted to delicious plant based recipes. Something I love about Oh She Glows is that many of the recipes are also gluten-free and allergy friendly, which is helpful when you’re making food for friends or family that have dietary restrictions. 

Angela Liddon also has three cookbooks out: The Oh She Glows Cookbook, Oh She Glows Everyday, and Oh She Glows for Dinner. Some of my favorite recipes include the On the Glow Basic Oatmeal Squares and the Cozy At Home Spicy Any-Veggie Soup.

@bromabakery

Here we have another incredible baking blog, because I wasn’t kidding when I said baking is my passion. Broma Bakery was created by Sarah Crawford, who whisks up classic sweet recipes as well as healthier savory and dessert options. 

I first fell in love with Broma’s blog design and beautiful photography. Not only does Broma have decadent dessert recipes, but the actual blog itself is so visually appealing and well laid-out (can you tell I’m really into website design?).  Broma Bakery is separated into sections, such as breakfast ideas, dessert recipes, and a wonderful collection of savory meal inspo. It’s hard to choose just a few favorites since there’s always so many new treats to try, but I’ve recently been loving Broma Bakery’s Healthy Banana Bread, Brown Butter Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, and Morning Glory Muffins.

There you have it: some of my favorite food bloggers to follow this year. Whether you’re just getting started in the kitchen or are a self-proclaimed Food Network chef, there are so many recipes out there to inspire your next culinary adventure. Cooking can be a fun way to learn new skills or spend time with friends and family, so I hope you’ve found inspiration from these food blogs! 

Harshita is currently a junior studying Information Systems and Human Resources at Loyola University Chicago. She is passionate about traveling, hiking, cuddling her two cats, and discovering cruelty-free beauty.
Amanda is a senior at Loyola University Chicago studying English and multimedia journalism. She's originally from the Cleveland, Ohio, area and is a huge baseball fan. When she's not drowning in papers (and even sometimes when she is), Amanda can probably be found watching her latest Netflix obsession or drinking coffee in one of the many great cafés throughout Chicago.