5 CVS Dupes For Expensive Makeup Must Haves

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

5 CVS Dupes for Makeup Must Haves

The beauty industry is currently experiencing one of the biggest booms it has seen in the past decade, and you know what that means: so. many. new. products.  It seems like every week my favorite brand is dropping something completely new, but it also seems like the prices are getting higher and higher. So, let’s take a step back from the Sephora counters and the Ulta shelves, because the drugstore beauty industry is stepping their game up tenfold.  These five products are almost exact replicas of your favorite makeup staples, and dare I say… they may replace them.

L’Oreal Lash Paradise Mascara ($9.00) for the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara ($24.00)

If you haven’t heard of this dupe by now then I don’t know what to tell you. The Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara is iconic. Makeup gurus everywhere have tried and fallen in love with the $24 product.  But dropping $24 every other month on a mascara can add up quickly if you’re not Jaclyn Hill. That’s where the Lash Paradise Mascara by L’Oreal comes in. Lash Paradise is less than half the price, with all the volume and thickness of the Better Than Sex Mascara. This is a personal favorite of mine and it really did end up replacing my Too Faced mascara. Sorry Jared.

Wet n Wild Color Icon 10 Pan  Palette in Rosé in the Air ($4.99)  for the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette ($42)

This is perhaps one of my best finds at a drugstore. The Anastasia Beverly Hills Palette is an absolute staple for all makeup lovers. As one of the most recognizable palettes, Modern Renaissance has a beautiful color scheme made up of highly pigmented shadows. The palette is $42, so not THAT bad. But, somehow, Wet n Wild was able to create a similar color scheme with insane pigmentation. What’s even better is that it’s $4.99. Although this one won’t be replacing my Modern Renaissance palette, I highly recommend this dupe for people that don’t want to spend so much on a palette, but still want to create flawless eye looks.

Wet n Wild Coloricon Blush in Pearlescent Pink ($3) for the NARS Organsm Blush ($30)

Peachy blush is the new red, and NARS Orgasm blush is known for being one of the best of its kind. But to spend $30 on a powder for your cheeks? Questionable. I personally use Wet n Wilds Color Icon in Pearlescent pink for my blush because it gives off that same peachy pay-off without hurting my wallet. I mean we’re talking $3 or $30 here.   

Milani Conceal + Perfect Foundation ($10)  for the NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation ($49)

Foundation is the trickiest beauty product to purchase. Everyone has a different skin type, skin tone, and coverage preference.  The NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation received great reviews for those looking for full coverage perfection. However, the price is less than ideal. Despite this, many people don’t mind spending that much on this foundation because they believe that quality is worth their coins. For those of you that are unsure, may I introduce the Milani Conceal + Perfect Foundation coming in at a whopping $10. As someone with combination skin, this is my all time favorite drugstore foundation, as well as one of my favorite foundations across the board. It has buildable medium to full coverage and a beautiful satin/matte finish.

Elf Cosmetics Lock on liner and Brow Cream ($4) for the Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow Pomade ($18)

Hear me out, okay. I would rather call in sick then go to work or school with bad brows, but, I go through brow products so quickly, there’s no way I can dedicate $18 to them that often.  The E.L.F Cosmetics brow cream has saved my life, my wallet, and my brows many times over. Set it with a brown eyeshadow and those babies are waterproof. I know there are m-a-n-y Anastasia dipbrow loyalists, but if you’re looking for another product that gets the job done then this is what you need.

All in all, good makeup does not have to break the bank. Heading to your nearest drugstore can be just as rewarding as spending tons at a Sephora or Ulta!  

I am a fourth year student at Loyola University Chicago. I am highly interested in journalism, and social media marketing, especially when it comes to news and fashion. My current experiences consist of sales in different companies throughout the Midwest, such as Ann Taylor and Kate Spade, and editorial work with various companies, including Her Campus and Orange Coast magazine.