Wellness

4 of the best things to do on a date with yourself

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

From the time I was a little girl I have been very dependant on other people. I have always had one or two best friends. Since I can remember, I have always had one constant person that I kept in my life, until I didn’t. As I grew, I realized the importance of having multiple friends who I could do various things with. Most importantly, I realized the only person who is going to be a forever constant in life is myself. Thus, I have recently come to the realization that being able to be by myself is essential. Here are my four favorite things to do on a day by myself:

Go eat alone

Finding a restaurant that one feels comfortable going to alone is ideal. You can eat whatever you want and enjoy the company of others you may meet. Coffee shops and bars that serve midday appetizers have become my go-to for a day by myself.  

Go shopping

Going shopping alone is one of my favorite past times. There is something so nice about being able to shop at your own pace without having to worry about speeding up or slowing down for someone else. Shopping by myself allows you to take as little or as much time as you need.

Get your nails done

Getting my nails done alone has become a simple pleasure in my life. Although it is fun to get your nails done with friends, it is so much more relaxing to go solo. Pick your favorite nail salon and go all out. There is nothing better than getting my nails done and being able to read a book or magazine without being disturbed.

Go to a museum

Going to a museum by myself is something I just recently discovered. In an age where people only want to go to museums to get pictures of themselves, it is fun to go alone. I  have found wandering around a museum on a rainy day by myself is calming. I also tend to learn more when I do not go with other people!

I am a fourth year student at Loyola University Chicago. I am highly interested in journalism, and social media marketing, especially when it comes to news and fashion. My current experiences consist of sales in different companies throughout the Midwest, such as Ann Taylor and Kate Spade, and editorial work with various companies, including Her Campus and Orange Coast magazine.