This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

College is a mixture of emotions – stress, laughter, sadness, heart break, happiness and so much more. It can be difficult to navigate your way so I’ve personally found comfort in journaling. You can take this journey in any way you wish but below, I have ten prompts to get you started. 

Where do you see yourself in five years? Ten Years?

Create a bucket list for your college experience.

Who inspires you the most?

Create a scrapbook of photos like an Instagram dump.

When you envision yourself at your goal and you are given a prestigious award for your accomplishments, what would your acceptance speech look like?

Do you feel content with where you are right now?

What has been stressful lately and what are you doing to help with it?

Do you find it difficult to make new friends? Why or why not?

What 3-5 things you are grateful for right now.

What has been your favorite class so far and why?

Journaling can be a beautiful way to relax and reflect on your time in college, and it’s a great way to create a time capsule of your time. Whether it be a mini therapy session (in no way am I saying journaling can replace therapy) or just a way to capture the memories you created over the past weekend, journaling can bring out your creative side. 

Sarah is from Dayton, Ohio and is currently studying MultiMedia Journalism at Loyola University Chicago. She enjoys thrifting, traveling, fashion, film photography and lifestyle. She is a creative person and finds comfort in writing, exploring the great city of Chicago, and listening to music. Her dream job is to travel and see the world as she writes about different cultures and activities to do in those different countries. Instagram: @sarahgsommers