This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LSU chapter.

Now that Black Friday has officially kicked off the holiday shopping season, it’s time to shift our focus to the 2nd most important shopping day of the year­­: Bath & Body Work’s Annual Candle Day. Every year Bath & Body Work’s opens their doors at the crack of dawn to host one hell of a candle sale. With every 3-wick candle marked down to $9.50, you’re bound to cross off every name on your Christmas list. Here are my top 5 candle choices to help you decide which candle you should give your loved ones this Christmas:

Fresh Balsam

This combination of eucalyptus, woodland balsam, fir, and cedar wood is sure to put you in the festive feels. This green candle will have your whole home smelling like a fresh Christmas tree. This scent is the epitome of Christmas. 

Flannel

Two words to describe this scent: Cute. Boy. A soft musk tops off this bergamot and mahogany scent to add the perfect finishing touch to this candle. This scent is cozy, clean, and fresh. Think Mahogany Teakwood but softer.

Sweater Weather

My absolute favorite holiday candle. The one I will continue to buy as long as they continue producing it regardless of how many that I already own. This cozy combo of sage, juniper berry, eucalyptus, and fresh wood makes it the perfect warm but soft scent that you need in your home.

Winter Candy Apple

This sweet scent is sure to put you in a cheerful mood with its crisp scent of candied apples, pears, and oranges. It is perfect to burn in the morning for that burst of energy that you need to get your day started. I am usually not into sweet scents but I will always make an exception for WCA.

Frozen Lake

This is what I’d imagine what a winter snowfall would smell like. Very crisp and cool. This lavender and eucalyptus combination would be a perfect contrast to the Sweater Weather candle. I love placing this candle on the kitchen counter in my apartment to give our common area a clean smell. 

Mark your calendars for this Saturday, December 7 as candle day makes its annual appearance!  Make sure you check with your local Bath & Body Works for store hours. If you are unable to get to a store near you, this sale is also offered online! 

May your home be filled with beautiful scents this holiday season. Happy Shopping!

Senior, Merchandising major at LSU