Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce’s Evolving Relationship

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LSU chapter.

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce sparked dating rumors back in September 2023, but did you know that the mention of them being a couple goes back before they were even together? Here are some of the major events during the timeline of their relationship so far!

Back in 2016, in an interview with The Messenger, Kelce played a fun game of kiss, marry, kill. His choices were Ariana Grande, Katy Perry, and Swift. He made the following picks: kiss Swift, marry Perry, and kill Grande. 

This is just a funny little detail to know that somewhat foreshadowed their relationship later on.

In July 2023, Kelce went to one of Swift’s Eras Tour concert performances in Kansas City with one thing in mind: to get Swift’s attention. Kelce made Swift some friendship bracelets with his phone number on them, but he wasn’t able to meet Swift and give her one of his bracelets.

Soon after, Kelce and Swift got together. Swift went to her first Kansas City Chiefs game on Sept. 24, 2023. After this game, she attended as many of Kelce’s games as she could. At the games she attended, she sat with Kelce’s parents and his brother, along with members of her family and several of her friends.

At Swift’s fourth Chiefs game on Oct. 22, 2023, she, Kelce, Mecole Hardman Jr., and his girlfriend, Chariah Gordon, were seen together in several pictures together. One picture was with both couples posing and smiling, and one was with Swift and Gordon kissing their partners on the cheek.

On Oct. 24, 2023, two days after Swift’s fourth Chiefs game, she and Kelce were seen going out together in Kansas City. The two were seen going to the restaurant Piropos for dinner and were seen leaving together holding hands.

On Christmas Day 2023, Swift brought her whole family to attend the Chiefs vs. Raiders game.

On Jan. 26, Swift and Kelce shared a kiss in celebration of the Chiefs victory at the AFC Championship.

The Chiefs played the San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl LVIII on Feb. 11 at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Chiefs won the game 25-22, taking home the fourth Super Bowl win for the team. 

Swift had flown in after her Eras Tour performances in Tokyo to be at the game. She was seen watching the game with Kelce’s family, Blake Lively, and Ice Spice. After the victory of the Chiefs, Swift went down onto the field, and she and Kelce celebrated the win with hugs and kisses. 

Fans of the relationship can’t wait to see what awaits the couple and what their future will bring!

I’m an elementary education major at Louisiana State University. Once I graduate college I hope to teach either third or fourth grade. I would eventually like to open up my own dance studio and teach several styles of dance to dancers of different ages and skill levels. I danced for fifteen years and have been teaching dance at the studio I attended for three years now. In my free time, I enjoy dancing, shopping (online or in-person), doing arts and crafts, going out to eat, getting coffees or smoothies, baking/cooking, reading, traveling, and fishing.