graphic for header of Grammy\'s opinion article
Photo by Kaylee Rome
Style > Fashion

Grammy’s 2024: The Best and Worst Dressed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LSU chapter.

As we all know, award shows are notorious for the fashion looks especially shows like the Grammy’s. Here is my opinions on who wore it best and who didn’t.

My top 5 favorites

Coming up very high on my list of favorites is Victoria Monet, who won Best New Artist, walked the red carpet with a stunning silky brown strapless dress. She took the carpet holding her daughter, who was dressed in a matching dress.

Next up, Olivia Rodrigo wearing a white studded vintage Versace dress. I love the classy looks which can explain why this is so high on my list of favorites. This gorgeous dress gave the classic vintage look to the artist with multiple nominations for the night.

Another celebrity coming in hot was Kat Graham, known for her role as Bonnie in The Vampire Diaries, with a white jaw-dropping dress with sheer material on the stomach area. This is another example of classy but taking a risky chance on the style.

Another fashion-forward move by a celebrity was Dua Lipa’s silver metallic dress. This dress featured the metallic trend while keeping a clean overall look on the dress. It also included small cut-outs to create a more form fitting look for the dress.

Something new to the Grammy’s this year is the attendance of influencers. Two influencers in particular, Alix Earle and Haley Baylee. Starting with Alix Earle and her classic black dress with a hairstyle that gives a 1920s vibe to the look. The entire look gives off her intention of being respectful of the celebrities who were there to receive awards and the other nominees. Personally, I think it is one of her best looks yet.

My least favorite looks of the night

Let me preface this section by saying, these are only my opinions and I completely understand that everyone’s style is different.

Starting very high on my list of least favorites is Miley Cyrus’ red carpet look. The look featured a gold chain dress with nothing else underneath. This is on my least favorites list because I don’t like these types of looks for awards like the Grammy’s. As I stated above, I enjoy the classy looks of these awards, and looks like this should be saved for the lower-tiered award shows. On the other hand, I loved her performance dress. This dress was another one that followed the silver metallic or studded trend. Her performance overall was one of my favorites by showing off her personality and high confidence. After winning her very first Grammy, I expected nothing less than this ecstatic performance of her hit song, “Flowers.”

My next least favorite, I say with a lot of hesitance because I am a huge fan of Lana Del Rey but I was not a fan of her dress. I do enjoy that she took a step into the short-length dress but something about the puffer sleeves made me not enjoy the overall dress. I have never been a fan of puffer sleeves so this makes sense.

Another one of my least favorite dresses is being worn by an influencer, Haley Baylee. Her green studded dress made it onto my least favorite because of the shade of green. I think that if the dress was a darker shade, maybe an olive green it would’ve been more appealing. I think the dress just gave very much of an “under the sea” or “sea grass” vibe that I did not enjoy.

I will say that I did enjoy others dresses but these are just my top five and least favorites. One dress I also enjoyed was Taylor Swift’s but I think I expected something a little more from her. The overall look of everyone at the Grammy’s was enjoyed and I am excited to see how some of these celebrities take on the “Sleeping Beauties: The Reawakening of Fashion” theme for the upcoming Met Gala.

I am a junior at LSU majoring in mass communication with a concentration in public relations a minor in leadership development. I am the president and campus correspondent of Her Campus at LSU. I enjoy spending my free time by working out, cooking, and creating social media content.