Cara Difabio-Girl Looking At The Side Fall
Cara Difabio / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LSU chapter.

Hot girl summer season is officially out and now it is officially fun girl fall. I am here to let you in on some essential pieces that you will need in your closet this fall. Whether it be clothing, accessories, or shoes, I’ve got you covered with a few ideas that will have you looking cute and trendy this season!

Printed boots

Boots In The Snow
Anna Thetard / Her Campus

Printed boots are statement piece and an absolute must-have for your closet. From crocodile to snake prints, boots and booties are an item you will never go wrong with. It can be dressed tights and a skirt or a jeans with a sweater. Boots are very versatile and look stunning with anything you pair them with.

Floppy hats

Fuzzy Coat Hat Blonde Girl
Lexi Tokarski / Her Campus

You will always look the part with a floppy hat! From floppy wool hats to felt fedoras, they can be paired with any outfit for a chic look. They come in a variety of colors and even prints. These can be perfectly styled with a dress and a pair of booties, jeans, skirts, or even a pair of shorts. These hats work well with any outfit and you never have to worry about them going out of style!

Sweater Weather

Urban Outfitters

Sweaters are a classic trend when it comes to fall looks. Sweaters are comfortable and cozy to wear throughout the windy day. They come in a variety of styles from: knitted, to ribbed, to fitted. To give off more of a classy vibe, fitted sweater could be paired with a button up top and a regular pair of flats or heels. With a few of these pieces in your closet, you will be ready for sweater weather 24/7. 

Leather pieces

The last essential everyone needs this season is at least one leather piece. Whether it be a leather jacket, skirt, or pants: you will be looking like a total babe when you complete your fall outfit with one of these pieces. A leather jacket can be paired with a dress, jeans, or even a cute skirt! Leather adds a grunge aesthetic to your outfit. A leather piece is one thing you will not regret adding to your closet this fall. 

Each of these pieces are trendy and perfect for fall. From heating up your look with a leather piece or flexing in your new booties, these pieces will have you turning heads. These essentials sweater weather more exciting.  

I am a Pre-Law Political Science major at LSU and I am a fashion enthusiast!
Dominique is a senior at Louisiana State University. She is an active member of her sorority, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., an Associate Justice on the LSU University Court, and Vice President of the LSU NAACP chapter. She enjoys British period dramas, getting manicures, reading the New York Times, and ice cream. She also runs her personal blog, Fearless & Favoured!