This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LSU chapter.

Girls, nothing is more stressful and tedious than trying to find the perfect business casual outfit. Whether it be for an interview, a day at the office, or an important meeting: the thought of what to wear is daunting. But, don’t worry ladies, I’ve got you covered with a few ideas that will have you looking like a boss babe in no time!

1. Printed blazers

Pink Casual Ladies Office Blazers Casual Work Jacket Suit
Amazon

Printed blazers are statement pieces and must-haves for your closet. From paisleys to animal prints, a blazer is a piece you just can’t go wrong with. It can be dressed up with slacks or a pencil skirt for work or dressed down with a pair of distressed jeans for a date. Blazers are very versatile and look great with anything you pair them with.

2. Button-down shirts… but make them spicy!

Girl Smile Happy Nature Button Down Natural Ocean Vacation
Tessa Pesicka / Her Campus
You can never go wrong with a button-down! Button-downs can be dressed up or dressed down for a more casual look. They come in a variety of styles, shades, and prints. There are even tie-neck button-downs! These can be perfectly styled with a pencil skirt, jeans, slacks, or even belted shorts. These blouses work well through all seasons and will never go out of style!

3. Classy Kicks

Black Heels on wood floor
Photo by Luis Quintero from Pexels
Pumps and loafers are a classic when it comes to business professional attire. Pumps are a comfortable fit for long-term wear throughout the day. Loafers give off more of a chic look than a regular pair of flats. With a standout pair of loafers, you will add some flair to your outfit while giving off a vintage vibe.

4. The Bossy Bag

white purse with person eating dessert in the background
Photo by Nappy.co
The last essential a boss babe should have been a tote. A small purse may not be ideal for an interview or to carry to work. Totes are more practical. They allow more space for daily necessities and even your laptop. A tote bag will look very sophisticated with any outfit you pair it with.

Each of these pieces is versatile and chic. From spicing up your look with a printed blazer or stunting in a pair of vintage loafers, these pieces will make you stand out from everyone else and feel more confident than ever. Each of these looks can be worn outside of the office. These pieces make business casual way more exciting.

I am a Pre-Law Political Science major at LSU and I am a fashion enthusiast!
Dominique is a senior at Louisiana State University. She is an active member of her sorority, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., an Associate Justice on the LSU University Court, and Vice President of the LSU NAACP chapter. She enjoys British period dramas, getting manicures, reading the New York Times, and ice cream. She also runs her personal blog, Fearless & Favoured!