Sweet Potato With Pecans
Sweet Potato With Pecans
Shun Matsuhashi / Spoon

Tips for a Successful Friendsgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisville chapter.

It’s almost the best time of the year! Thanksgiving. I don’t know if you guys saw, but I wrote an article earlier about the importance of Thanksgiving and why people should not skip right to Christmas. With this being said, one of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving is Friendsgiving. I know many people might not celebrate Friendsgiving, but it is a great way to be reunited with all of your friends and celebrate each other! (Especially if everyone is coming home from college and hasn’t seen each other in a couple months). I’m going to give you guys some tips on how to have a successful Friendsgiving this Thanksgiving. If you and your friends have never had a Friendsgiving before, I highly encourage you to take it into account and read these tips.

1. Make sure you plan what each friend is going to bring to the Friendsgiving, and that everyone is going to like/enjoy it. For instance, last year at my Friendsgiving, I made a pumpkin role. My friend Claire was in charge of the turkey, my other friend made the mashed potatoes, etc. This way it is not as expensive if only one person buys everything.

2. If people wanted, they could get together before and try to bake their food together and have good friendly bonding this way! I always love baking with my friends and think it is a great stress reliever and a time to relax.

3. Make sure the friend’s house in which you are going to be celebrating Friendsgiving is all set up and prepared for the day. Don’t let just one friend do the work! Make it fun by getting decorations, having games to play (boardgames, cards), you name it!

4. Invite as many people as possible to the Friendsgiving! No one wants to feel left out, especially when this is a time to give thanks to all friends and let each person know how special they are and how everyone is so thankful for them. Anyways, the more the merrier!

5. Have someone create a Thanksgiving playlist! Lastly, every Friendsgiving, after everyone has gotten their food and are sitting at the table, each friend should go around the table and say something they are thankful for about each person at the table. It can be as simple as, “I am thankful for Claire because she always makes me smile and feel better about myself when I see her.” I always feel so good about myself after this, and it is a great way to be reassured that you are loved and that so many people are thankful for you!

Katie Draud

Louisville '23

Hello! My name is Katie and I am currently a freshman at the University of Louisville. I am very passionate about what her campus stands for and I know that many girls will benefit from this organization. Go her campus and go girls!
Campus Correspondent at the University of Louisville I am an International Affairs and Communication major and minoring in French and marketing at the University of Louisville. If I am not studying, I am at the UofL Student Rec Center where I teach cycling/spin classes!