Banana Bread
Banana Bread
Helena Lin / Spoon

Thanksgiving Alert: UNDERRATED HOLIDAY

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisville chapter.

Picture this: Halloween is over, and everyone is starting to get into the Christmas spirit. There is only one problem with this. WE CAN’T FORGET ABOUT THANKSGIVING! In my opinion, Thanksgiving is the most underrated holiday that deserves so much more attention than it gets. What more could a person want…. lots of family time, food, no school, shopping, and so much more! People need to realize the importance of Thanksgiving and not just skip right to Christmas, because this holiday truly brings so much joy to so many people.

Thanksgiving is a wonderful time to relax and not worry about anything in the past. Just enjoy the present. I don’t know about you guys, but sometimes when Thanksgiving comes around it’s the first time that all of my family is reunited in a very long time. It is always so rejuvenating to see my aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents all in one setting again. During my mom’s side for Thanksgiving, after everyone finishes their food, we all see how many people can sit on our couch and watch football. But normally, people end up falling asleep due to major food coma. Family time is so important to have, especially with the busy lives that everyone has. Spending time with family is very healthy to the mind and soul. I am very close with my family and always love to catch up with them on their lives.

Lastly, does anyone else like shopping, because I sure do!!!! Black Friday is one of the best days of the year. This is normally when I get many Christmas presents for my family and friends! SEE, Thanksgiving is a time to prepare for the Christmas season and also eating lots of yummy food while doing so. Anyway, I hope after reading this people realize that Thanksgiving is an amazing holiday that should be celebrated with joy and laughter! Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays in particular because I love the warm and cozy feeling it gives me. DON’T jump straight into Christmas after Halloween guys! Just enjoy the present moment and see which way life takes you….

Katie Draud

Louisville '23

Hello! My name is Katie and I am currently a freshman at the University of Louisville. I am very passionate about what her campus stands for and I know that many girls will benefit from this organization. Go her campus and go girls!
Campus Correspondent at the University of Louisville I am an International Affairs and Communication major and minoring in French and marketing at the University of Louisville. If I am not studying, I am at the UofL Student Rec Center where I teach cycling/spin classes!