March 20 was the first day of Spring 2021! Spring is one of the best times of year, with new beginnings and green landscapes popping up again after a long winter. The weather’s getting warmer and there are plenty of fun activities you can do to get in the spring spirit!
1. Take a walk or hike This is the perfect spring activity for when the weather is getting better! In Louisville there are some great spots like Central Park, Iroquois Park, and Cherokee Park.
2. Add some new songs to your spring playlist When the winter is coming to a close, you can put some great new songs on your playlist for spring! Some recommendations are “The Adults Are Talking” by The Strokes, “Froot” by MARINA, “Breathe Deeper” by Tame Impala, “Lost” by T-Dre, and “Season 2 Episode 3” by Glass Animals.
3. Start a garden March through April is a great time to plant new seeds! You could plant herbs, vegetables, and flowers! Even if you don’t have space outside for something larger like a tomato plant, you can easily plant herbs like cilantro or basil inside in direct light.
4. Take a drive It’s finally getting warm enough to drive with those windows down! One of the most relaxing activities (and a great COVID-safe outing) is to take a long drive. Put on your best music and roll those windows down and you’re ready!
5. Go to the farmer’s market Spring is a great time to get some fresh fruits and vegetables from your local vendors! Make sure to bring a reusable bag and get some of that wonderful produce!
6. Find somewhere to relax Not only are parks great for walking, but they’re great for relaxing. Bring a hammock or a blanket and a new book and sit outside and relax. You could also bird watch or people watch!
Follow this list and you’ll be sure to have a fun, relaxing spring 2021!