Style

From the Runways to Your Closet: Spring 2020 Fashion Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisville chapter.

Spring is almost here! Here are the top fashion trends this season, seen on most runways during fashion weeks, to give you some inspiration for your outfits!

1. Hot pants: These extra-short shorts are making a comeback this season. To balance them out, try pairing them with a long sleeve shirt or a jacket.

2. Neon: Stand out immediately when wearing these bright colors. You will never blend into a crowd and you will demand attention if you wear highlighter-inspired colors.

3. Retro prints: These colors and patterns take inspiration from 60s and 70s wallpapers. Make any outfit stand out with some of these crazy prints.

4. Leather: Designers brought back leather on the runways this season. Whether a skirt or a jacket, leather is IN this spring.

Girl With Shades 2
Arianna Tucker / Her Campus

5. Polka dots: You most likely already have something in your closet with polka dots on it, and this spring is the time to wear it on the daily.

6. Big bags: Bags big enough to fit your entire life in them are making their way into this spring. Get rid of the tiny bags that were not practical at all and get one large enough to fit everything you could possibly need.

Baggu

7. Collared necklines: These sharp necklines are a way to make your outfit stand out. Taking inspiration from the disco collar, jackets and shirts are being modernized to give you a noticeable collar.  

8. Bra tops: Out with the crop tops because bra tops are now in. Paired with high-waisted skirts or shorts, these will instantly give you the perfect spring look!

Fallon McAllister

Louisville '23

I am currently majoring in Marketing and Management at the University of Louisville where I am a member of the 2019 pledge class for Chi Omega! My hobbies include playing soccer, making earrings, and drinking coffee!
Campus Correspondent at the University of Louisville I am an International Affairs and Communication major and minoring in French and marketing at the University of Louisville. If I am not studying, I am at the UofL Student Rec Center where I teach cycling/spin classes!