This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisville chapter.

Even though 2020 has been a rough year, there are still many things to be grateful for this Thanksgiving. It may be hard to pinpoint anything to be grateful for, so I am here to help you out and give you some ideas when you go around that table on Thanksgiving to say what you are thankful for.

You are still alive. If you woke up this morning, congratulations! You have made it this far in 2020, you can make it the last two months. You have got this! Yes, 2020 has been a rough year, but you have made it to November, and that is so amazing!

You have food to eat. Even if you wind up eating less one day, you were still able to get some food in your body. Eating is so important even if it just a little bit. However, some days you have the opportunity to eat more which is even better, but you should always be grateful that you were able to eat some food.

There are clothes on your back. You may not have as many clothes as you would like, but all you really need is a nice pair of pants, a few shirts, some undergarments and something comfy to sleep in. If you have those, you are good to go. Your clothes do not have to have those designer labels like Gucci or Louis Vuitton as long as you have the basics hanging up in your closet. Even if you get everything at a thrift store like Goodwill, you win for having clothes on your back.

Friendship. All you really need is one friend who sticks by your side through thick and thin. These friends are hard to find, so if you find that friend, keep them close. Someone you can call a friend is so beneficial. Often, they are there for you in your hardships, and you are there for them. Hold your friends close, especially now. We need as much support as we can get right now, and a friend can make all the difference.

See? Even though 2020 has probably one of your roughest years to date, you still have many reasons to be grateful this Thanksgiving. I only listed four possible things that you could be thankful for, but I am certain you can find many other possible things to be grateful for.

Just remember, even though every day is not a good day, there is always one good thing about every day even if you have to search a little harder to find that one good thing you could be grateful for. Maybe even start a grateful jar where you write down one thing you were grateful for each day and then open it up in a year to look back on all the good times you had that year. You would probably be surprised at all the good things that happened to you.

Avery Dill

Louisville '22

I am a transfer Junior attending University of Louisville. I was a part of the Brenau Chapter and am now a writer for the Louisville Chapter.
Campus Correspondent at the University of Louisville I am an International Affairs and Communication major and minoring in French and marketing at the University of Louisville. If I am not studying, I am at the UofL Student Rec Center where I teach cycling/spin classes!