girl lounging relax 3
girl lounging relax 3
Kristen Bryant / Her Campus

How to Take a Break This Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisville chapter.

I will be the first to admit that I NEVER take a break. It feels as if I am constantly doing one thing after another and never give myself time to breathe. If I do not have something to do I am almost more stressed out than I am when I have five assignments due. This is why I have decided that I am letting myself completely wind down this break and have the most relaxing break possible. In order to make this actually happen, I have compiled a list of things to do to help me (and you) relax.

Treat yourself: There is nothing wrong with taking a day or two (or seven) to pamper yourself. Whether it be going to get your nails done, doing a face mask, or taking a bubble bath, indulge in a few self care habits.

Take a walk: One of the only ways I can destress is taking a walk. Grab your dog (or your friend’s) and just go for a walk with no destination!

Read a book: I find myself constantly reading books for school rather than enjoyment. This break I am finding a good book and reading for myself rather than for my professors.

Binge watch that Netflix show: We all have that one show that we always want to watch, but never can because our schedule just does not allow for it. Give yourself this break to watch that show without stressing about other things you have to do!

Write in a journal: Sometimes the most relaxing thing for me to do is just write out everything that I have been stressed about. I find comfort in writing out the words because it can feel like some of the weight is lifted off of my shoulders and onto the paper.

Listen to your old playlists: Listening to music I listened to a few years ago always brings me back to that time in my life. Some songs remind me of how stressed I was at the time, and listening to them now helps me realize how all of those little things do not matter anymore.

Attempt a DIY project: Use all of that creative energy that sometimes cannot be used in the classroom and put it towards making a cute new room decoration!

Fallon McAllister

Louisville '23

I am currently majoring in Marketing and Management at the University of Louisville where I am a member of the 2019 pledge class for Chi Omega! My hobbies include playing soccer, making earrings, and drinking coffee!
Campus Correspondent at the University of Louisville I am an International Affairs and Communication major and minoring in French and marketing at the University of Louisville. If I am not studying, I am at the UofL Student Rec Center where I teach cycling/spin classes!