Better late than ever!
I think it’s about time that Earth Day gets the recognition it deserves! The theme for this year’s Earth Day is climate action! What better way to make a difference than cutting livestock products out of your diet? The meat industry is a huge contributor to greenhouse gas emissions, so taking a step back will not only decrease your risk of several health issues, but also help work towards a sustainable future. Take action this Earth Day by learning how to make a fun, light, and fresh vegan cookout to celebrate 50th ANNIVERSARY of Earth Day!!!
Italian Pasta Salad
- 1 box of bowtie pasta
- ½ cup of cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 small can of halved black olives
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- ½ sliced red onion
- ½ cup of chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon of oregano
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup of olive oil
- ½ cup of zesty Italian dressing
- Cook pasta according to directions on the box
- Once drained, run cold water over the pasta
- Combine spices, olive oil, and zesty Italian dressing
- Combine pasta and vegetables together in a bowl
- Add the dressing into the bowl and toss
- Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
Now something to throw on the grill: A Veggie Medley
- Brussel sprouts
- Slice vegetables
- Toss in olive oil with salt and pepper
- Heat grill to 350 degrees, place vegetables in grill skillet, and toss every 5 minutes
- Take off in 15 minutes and enjoy!
- Lemon poppy seed dressing
- Chopped pecans
- Sliced almonds
- This one is too easy! Just chop the kale and slice the cabbage and carrots.
- Combine everything in a big bowl and dig in!
Be sure to soak in the sun and appreciate the nature around you!