This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisville chapter.

The episode starts out with another group date. Montel, Ivan, Demar, Ben, Chasen, Ed, Joe, and Bennett all head over to another part of the resort where two bachelor alums are waiting for them. Ashley Ianconetti and Jared Haibon are here to host what they call the “Grown Man Challenge.” The challenge starts out with a basic knowledge challenge including elementary algebra and basic spelling. Notably, Harvard graduate, Bennett, does not seem to do well with this part of the challenge. The next part of this challenge is to catch a bouquet. Don’t ask me what this has to do with being a grown man. Ivan wins this part of the challenge. The final part of the Grown Man Challenge is to create breakfast in bed for Tayshia. Chasen and Bennett both seem to stand out in this part of the challenge. In the end, Ed is declared the man-child of the group and is told to carry a fake baby until Tayshia says he can stop. The overall winner of this challenge declared by Ashley and Jared is Bennett. This is surprising considering how bad heseems to be at math. Bennett gets a diploma which he flaunts in front of the other guys for the entirety of the afterparty. 

During the afterparty, Ben begins to make his move on Tayshia and they seem to be getting along well. Ed stirs up trouble by bringing up quite vague accusations about Chasen being here for all the wrong reasons. This forces Tayshia to confront Chasen about these accusations. He swears up and down that he is here for the right reasons and the rest of the after-party continues. Ed and Chasen continue their petty feud over into the cocktail party the next day. Ed continues tattling and Chasen continues to defend himself. The rose ceremony takes place soon after, with the uncertainty that either of these boys will make it through. Brendan, Ivan, Zac, Riley, Kenny, Ben, Demar, Bennett, Spencer, Jordan, Noah, Joe, and Blake were all called and the suspense was rising as to whether or not Ed or Chasen would join these guys next week. It turns out Tayshia likes a little drama, and she decided to keep both of them. To be honest, I really don’t even remember the names of the guys that got eliminated, so they won’t really be missed. 

The next day boasts another group date. Eazy, Brendan, Joe, Jordan, Spencer, Ben, Ed, and Chasen all got oiled up, literally, to fight against one another in a wrestling ring. Joe and Eazy went head to head, and Joe decided that losing was better than getting injured and took a quick L. The next fights go on and aren’t all that interesting. The final matchup, however, was the best one. Chasen and Ed are set to go head to head When Ed decides to bow out because of an injured shoulder. Chris Harrison gives the remaining guys that weren’t on the date a chance to enter the ring. Noah literally hops the fence to fight Chasen. The fight goes on for a while without a clear winner (In my opinion, Noah totally won). Tayshia gets to declare the winner, and she chooses Chasen. That concludes the fighting portion, and the after-party ensues. Even though Noah wasn’t an original member of this group date, he gets to join the party for fighting against Chasen. This is where it starts to get weird. Noah breaks out a razor and lets Tayshia shave off his mustache. This act also wins him the group date rose. The date and the episode ends with several of Ben complaining about his time with Tayshia, and Ed threatening to call out Noah for stealing his thunder. I really thought Spencer was vying for villain this season, but maybe we will see Ed give him a run for his money. We will find out more next week when the Bachelorette returns. 

Maddie Nuxoll

Louisville '20

UofL History Major. Helping you get through school one HerCampus article at a time.
Campus Correspondent at the University of Louisville I am an International Affairs and Communication major and minoring in French and marketing at the University of Louisville. If I am not studying, I am at the UofL Student Rec Center where I teach cycling/spin classes!