This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisville chapter.

Spring break is right around the corner and there is nothing worse than getting to the beach and realizing you’ve forgotten to pack some essential items. Well not to worry, here is a packing list of the most important items to take with you on your beach vacation!

• Swim suit

Probably the most essential item on this list if you’re planning on hitting the beach is a swimsuit. While it may seem like a no-brainer, this can be one of the easiest and most frustrating items to forget. 

• Toiletries

While most hotels might have these on hand in bottles too small to actually hold anything, these are probably a good idea to have on hand. Make sure especially to bring a toothbrush and toothpaste so you can get those pearly whites for all the cute snaps you most definitely are going to take.

• Beach towels

I can think of too many times that I have forgotten one of these when on the way to the beach. Whether you are actually getting in the water or not, this is one of the most important items to remember for your trip. 

• Sunscreen

Have you ever fallen asleep on the beach and woken up a shade of bright red? Make sure you pack some sunscreen so you can avoid looking redder than a tomato. If you’re really forgetful, it might be a good idea to pack some aloe vera for after you forget to actually put on the sunscreen that you packed. 

• Reusable water bottle

Any beach you go to is probably going to be pretty hot. Make sure you stay hydrated and healthy by packing a water bottle. Even better, pack a reusable water bottle so we can keep those beaches clean and save those turtles!

• First Aid Kit

If you are taking a big trip, with all of your friends, it might be a good idea to pack a small first aid kit. It’s easy to get hurt anywhere, so go ahead and be better safe than sorry and grab one of these. 

• Clothes

One of the most obvious things to bring would be clothes, but make sure you pack enough to change before and and after you head to the pool or the beach. It also might be a good idea to bring different shoes to wear out on the town and to the beach. 

• Speaker

If you and your friends are really trying to have a good time over the break, make sure to bring a speaker with you. That way you can blast some music without trying to just play music from your phone. A waterproof speaker might be an even better idea if you plan on bringing it down near the water with you.

Have a fun and safe spring break with these 8 essentials!

Maddie Nuxoll

Louisville '20

UofL History Major. Helping you get through school one HerCampus article at a time.
Campus Correspondent at the University of Louisville I am an International Affairs and Communication major and minoring in French and marketing at the University of Louisville. If I am not studying, I am at the UofL Student Rec Center where I teach cycling/spin classes!