Republic Records

Why Taylor Swift’s New Album Is My Favorite Yet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisiana Tech chapter.

On July 24, 2020, Taylor Swift broke the internet….again. Out of the blue, she announced her eighth studio album, and ever since its release it has been the talk of the town. The album took over the world. Song after song, listeners fell more in love. 

You see, this album was unlike any of the ones before. This album was created in isolation where she invented worlds, fantasies, and stories that were transferred into amazing lyrics and then songs and finally an album.

The album has sixteen songs on it. Taylor Swift also released eight deluxe CD and vinyl additions that were available for one week only.  Each of these deluxe albums had different covers, photos, and artwork. This release of this album was extremely intense and fast, but her fans did not skip a beat.

Social media platforms were covered from head to toe out of pure love for her surprise album. Not only fans but other celebrities gave Taylor Swift a virtual pat on the back for the amazing music she produced. Some people even joked that her album had saved 2020.

Why is everyone so in love with this new album? Well, every song tells a remarkable story. The entire album is filled with powerful and unique art that you can’t get anywhere else. I find it so remarkable that Taylor Swift was able to take something as sad as isolation and sickness and turn it into something so beautiful. Folklore was the album that I know I needed during this time. It was a gift of art that no one knew they needed.

For me, this album was a positive in a sea of negatives. Music is such a great way to bring people together and that’s exactly what Folklore did. If you are interested in checking out her album, videos, merch, or more go to www.taylorswift.com

As a little girl, I spent hours writing stories. Obviously they weren't exactly bestsellers, but it was my passion nevertheless. I would fill up my notebooks with everything I didn't know how to say out loud, and anything I could imagine. Now, as a college student, I'm chasing my dream one word at a time. I'm currently studying English and Marketing, with the intention of becoming an editor.