This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisiana Tech chapter.

As a senior who is about to graduate, I often think about what to do next with my life. My journey with college has been laborious and expensive. Lately, I would even go as far as to say it’s overwhelming. So to prevent me from getting too stressed out, I think about places I want to move to. Don’t get me wrong, I love the state I’m living in: my family lives here, I’m familiar with the area, and the food is delicious. I can stay and thrive happily here, but I feel like I could grow more as a person if I were to go into a different environment. I have researched many states that are affordable and safe for a POC and Nebraska has stuck out, and here’s why.

Friendly State

This state is said to be one of the top friendliest. Since I am from the south, I’m relieved that I will still get that southern charm. Also, I’m a little introverted so being around nice people will be easier for me to make friends. This brings me to my next point, city life.

Days and Nights are Active

The city life and country life seem to have found a nice balance in this state. I’m in the middle so this is a plus for me too. 

Best Steaks

I am a sucker for tasty food. I would go on a country tour just to taste different foods (which is great for a bucket list). Nebraska is best known for delectable meats, with steaks on top of that list.

Cost of Living

The best part about this place to me is that the cost of living is below average. This plus low unemployment sounds like a smooth transition to me. After graduating with my bachelor’s degree in biology, finding a job out there will be almost effortless hopefully.

I understand that starting a new life is easier said than done, but it’s beautiful in its own way. There are the ups, downs, and rock bottoms. The process never stops. I will never truly stop learning because there will always be something new. So I’ll cross that bridge when I get there. Fingers crossed that the transition will go smoothly!

Brianna Fielding

Louisiana Tech '22

Hello! I am junior at LA Tech University. My major is Medical Technology but what I really love to do is be creative. Whether it is DIY projects, sewing, painting, etc. Random fact:I love sunflowers and roses! (Best combination of flowers to me) ^_^
As a little girl, I spent hours writing stories. Obviously they weren't exactly bestsellers, but it was my passion nevertheless. I would fill up my notebooks with everything I didn't know how to say out loud, and anything I could imagine. Now, as a college student, I'm chasing my dream one word at a time. I'm currently studying English and Marketing, with the intention of becoming an editor.