This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisiana Tech chapter.

Valentine’s day is a holiday set aside for love and care. I’m sure you already heard this like a million times, but I’m going to say it one more time for the people in the back: VALENTINE’S DAY IS NOT JUST FOR COUPLES.  If you have been feeling stressed and overwhelmed take this Sunday as a pamper and love day. If you and a S.O, friends, or family are having an indoor day, I have a series for you that is available on Hulu. The best part, it’s an anime series, so if you are a sucker for a sweet, slightly romantic, and drama-filled show that will give your brain a nice cup of serotonin, then watch Fruits Basket!

flat screen TV
Jens Kreuter/Unsplash
So here’s the rundown with no spoilers: there’s a cute, clumsy high schooler who is having a tough time trying to get into college. She is also going through it all alone. Until one of her classmates lends her a helping hand. While becoming acquainted, she accidentally discovers the classmate’s family secret, which in the end makes them closer. However, the deeper you get into the series, the more family members you meet, and it gets even more dramatic. By drama, I mean some emotional trauma. Thankfully the spicy jokes (wink wink) and romantic tension make up for it. It’s what I like to call a balanced show.

Pink neon love sign
Photo by Shaira Dela Peña from Unsplash
It’s a very tear-jerking series that made me cry, and I didn’t even cry at the end of the final Avengers movie (I know right). I’m hyping this up, but it’s that great in my opinion. I recommend settling in with some comfort food and a fluffy blanket. This tv series is a way to enjoy your Valentine’s Day! 

Brianna Fielding

Louisiana Tech '22

Hello! I am junior at LA Tech University. My major is Medical Technology but what I really love to do is be creative. Whether it is DIY projects, sewing, painting, etc. Random fact:I love sunflowers and roses! (Best combination of flowers to me) ^_^
I'm a Junior Creative Writing major and Editor in Cheif for the Her Campus chapter at Louisiana Tech University, who hopes to be a professional writer/editor one day! I love to joke around, but also talk about critical moments in my life and those that surround me to hopefully offer entertainment and guidance to my readers!