This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisiana Tech chapter.

I’m a sucker for Pinterest if you haven’t read any of my other articles before. I could spend hours on this app. My favorite thing to do on the app is to make a list of things that I want to own or want to do in my future, whether that’s ideas and styles for my wedding, tips and memories for my future family, or decorations and organizing tools for my future home. Home is where the heart is, but it’s also where you feel most comfortable. It’s not fun living somewhere not feeling at peace or relaxed. I love paintings and colors so much that I have about 20 paintings on all my walls in my small bedroom apartment. The thing is, none of them go together and it’s been stressing me out a lot lately so what I plan on doing is selling them or giving them away so that I can start fresh and feel good in my own room.

boho bedroom with plants and macrame
Photo by Timothy Buck from Unsplash

The thing I try to strive for the most right now is saving up for the items/decor that I want. You can find the items from Pinterest on Amazon, eBay, Etsy, and my personal favorite, thrift stores. During your savings period, that’s the best time to pin pin pin things to your boards! If you’re not sure what style you like or what you want, there’s plenty of quizzes out there to figure it out. Here are two to save you the trouble of finding them: Modsy.com and  HGTV.com. The first asks for your email before it gives you the results and the second website does not, but both results turn out great, and I always just unsubscribe from unwanted websites as soon as they send me something.

Also, an AMAZING rug website is rugs.com. They have high quality rugs for super cheap compared to a lot of places. And they have sales a lot! I got a 3ft x 5 ft rug for only $23 and free shipping. I highly recommend it for those who love the looks but hate the high prices of some stores like Wayfair or Lowe’s.

IKEA

It’s fun to be organized and feel at peace in the space around you. I read an article somewhere that said most people are stressed when they get home to their room because of all the items they have and how unorganized and less pleasing to the eye everything is. If you need some advice or tips on how to clean and declutter, there are amazing youtube videos out there that my mom watches all the time. For the rest of you who might not have the time or just can’t find the motivation to clean and declutter your house or room, there are always people out there whose jobs are to clean. Someone here locally in Ruston is a dear friend of mine’s, Haven Moore. She has her own business called Room to Grow that you can find on Facebook and Instagram. She charges $30 an hour, which to me is not bad at all if you only have a small bit to clean up. While she’s there I’m sure she’d love to give you tips on how to keep it clean and stress free.

If you want to see my style and maybe get some inspo from a local friend, then you can click on my Pinterest any time at https://www.Pinterest.com/mandynparker. There are also always really good home decor and home renovation shows on Netflix. My favorites are Dream Home Makeover, Interior Design Masters, and Stay Here.

Mandy Parker

Louisiana Tech '23

I'm a sophomore majoring in sociology. I just want to help people wherever I can. Tomorrow is never promised, so I live for the moments we have now.
I'm a Junior Creative Writing major and Editor in Cheif for the Her Campus chapter at Louisiana Tech University, who hopes to be a professional writer/editor one day! I love to joke around, but also talk about critical moments in my life and those that surround me to hopefully offer entertainment and guidance to my readers!