Love is in the air! I got stung by the love bug, and all those other lovey-dovey phrases meaning someone has fallen in love. I am beyond excited about my upcoming nuptials. Personally, I have not been to many weddings, but whenever I watched shows like Say Yes to the Dress and Four Weddings, I couldn't help but imagine how I would plan mine someday. Here we are, and this is what I have realized so far:

This hasn’t just been me planning a ceremony and party, but this process made me really think about who I am; more specifically, what kind of bride would I describe myself. I have discovered that I am someone who likes to be unique but still a little traditional. Overall though, I want to have fun and show others a good time. So hopefully they pick up on these vibes during the ceremony.

[bf_image id="q7k2fo-fnmoi8-8t8bgr"] It was no surprise that this is going to be expensive. I was prepared for that reality. What I wasn’t prepared for are the DETAILS. You make the guest list, then I have to think about whether or not to have a seating chart. If so, who will be sitting where? How will the tables and chairs be set up so no one is in someone else’s way? This doesn’t put a damper on my energy. If anything it sparks it!

Finally, I am not totally alone in this planning process. Sometimes I feel like I am though. Weddings aren’t common in my family, at least not while I was growing up, so when I announced the engagement I didn’t quite get the reaction I was hoping for. It lacked actual excitement which confused me. At those times, I just remind myself that at the end of the day it's about how I feel about the big day. 

[bf_image id="84xwf89z8pv32v3w9nsv2k5t"]

This journey really opened me up to be more confident. I’m working on being me unapologetically and this is one of the many ways I will do so. I hope this world is ready for this girl to strut her stuff because she is no longer holding back!

Brianna Fielding

Louisiana Tech '22

Hello! I am junior at LA Tech University. My major is Medical Technology but what I really love to do is be creative. Whether it is DIY projects, sewing, painting, etc. Random fact:I love sunflowers and roses! (Best combination of flowers to me) ^_^