Movies to Watch on Freeform’s 31 Nights

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisiana Tech chapter.

I’m sure you’ve heard already, but Freeform (formerly ABC Family) has changed their 13 Nights of Halloween to 31, which means that every night this month you can watch your favorite Halloween-themed movies! Here are some of the movies you’ll be able to catch in their lineup!

Monster House

We all remember this movie, right? Even if you don’t remember it, it just seems really familiar. It’s a movie that gave half of our generation nightmares and the other half a headache from the uncanny-valley CGI characters. After an adult re-watch, though, it’s a movie that I can suggest to people more. It’s creepy and emotional and overall just one of those scary kids movies that you have to give another watch this October.

The Nightmare Before Christmas

We all know that Tim Burton is the most October-y human of all time, and this is his most popular work by far. The perfect mixture of spooky and adorable, this is a movie that I think everyone can appreciate. And it’s one of the only movies you can watch on both Halloween and Christmas!

The Haunted Mansion

Am I the only one that loved this movie as a kid? Eddie Murphy stars in a movie based off of the classic Disneyland ride. It’s hilarious and genuinely scary at times and, if you’ve ever ridden The Haunted Mansion ride, it makes you connect to the film even more. It’s definitely one of my favorites from when I was a kid!

Hocus Pocus

Okay, I know we all came for this. Hocus Pocus is a movie that kind of defined Halloween for our generation. I mean, every year that I forget to watch this movie I feel like I didn’t even celebrate Halloween. I don’t think I need to explain all of the good things about this movie because I’m sure you’re already as in love with it as I am. And, good news: It’s on basically every night of the 31 Nights!

If you want to catch any of these on TV this month check out the schedule and have a happy 31 Nights!

Zoey Hickman

Louisiana Tech '20

Zoey is a Junior Psychology Major. When she's not managing the HC chapter at Louisiana Tech University, she's probably doing freelance work, performing her original music, or working on her podcast! Her favorite things in the world are coffee, scary movies, and fashion.