This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisiana Tech chapter.

Everyone needs a few words of affirmation now and again. Sometimes people need some positivity, friendly advice, or just some encouraging words to get them through the day. With the quarantine continuing all of us need to be there for one another. We should do what we can how we can to support each other.  That said, I don’t know who needs to hear this right now, but……

You are valid. Never let anyone tell you otherwise. 

Hello Beautiful.

It gets better. Hang in there!

Do not waste your time on toxic people who won’t change. 

You do not have to explain yourself to someone if you do not want to. 

self-love and swing
Content Pixie via Unsplash
You are allowed to change your mind. 

Respect woman!!!

Learn to admit when you are wrong. Apologize when you are. 

You are the only one responsible for your own life and your own happiness. 

Hopefully, this was helpful to someone out there. Things might seem dreary now, but it will all be ok in time. Try sharing some positive words of your own with world. Give a compliment to a friend. Call a family member and tell them you love them. You never know who might need to hear it!

Kelsey Blaylock

Louisiana Tech '21

Hi! I'm Kels (They/Them). It's nice to meet you!
As a little girl, I spent hours writing stories. Obviously they weren't exactly bestsellers, but it was my passion nevertheless. I would fill up my notebooks with everything I didn't know how to say out loud, and anything I could imagine. Now, as a college student, I'm chasing my dream one word at a time. I'm currently studying English and Marketing, with the intention of becoming an editor.