This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisiana Tech chapter.

Elvish ears, devilish tails, ghoulish eyes makeup the wicked details we come to love during Halloween! Each year we all wait to choose the perfect costume for a twisted party with ghouls and guys. If you don’t choose to terrify others, sometimes a startling decor showcases our haunting habits. If you get a chance this year to trick-or-treat with friends or attend a spooky scene, here are a few options:

Costumes

Photo by Macau Photo Agency on Unsplash
1. A Vampire: A creature from folklore that subsists by feeding on the vital essence, blood, of the living, according to Google. To simplify this costume, a pair of fangs and a cape would suffice. If you imitate classics like Dracula or a modernized version, for example, Twilight or Vampire Diaries, you never can go wrong with a drip of blood here or there. In the film “Queen Of The Damned,” Aaliyah portrays a rocker style vamp who reigns over the mortals. Get creative with each bite! 

2. Furry Creature: Popularized by several films, one being “Mean Girls,” you can never go wrong with a pair of fuzzy ears and a tail. Creatures that lurk in the night give ominous vibes. The black cat is known for its bad luck and superstition backdating to Egypt.

Photo via Pixabay on Pexels
3. The Nurse: What’s scarier than the women who bring you needles? Everyone may not be frightened by a cute little dress and high heels, but the nurse’s outfit may win over the room this year due to the pandemic. 

4. Angel or Devil: Wings are the fliest fit for this October, whether they’re white and angelic or dark and demonic! A cute leotard with a halo on top or red horns would add some biblical flare to the scene. If there is a difference, demons and angels often allow you to add magical makeup that makes even the immortals headspin. 

Jack-O-Laterns
Photo by rescueram3 from Pixabay

Decorations

1. Spiderwebs: Line your dorm window with stringy webs filled with black spiders. It’ll totally freak out your Arachnophobic friends. 

2. Jack-O-Lantern: Buy a perfect pumpkin for carving and add some cinnamon-scented candlelight to your room, It can be enough for a spooky ambiance. 

3. Skull-N-Bones: Set-up a skull head or even hang a skeleton’s body on your dorm door it’ll show friends how in touch you are this season.

4. Cauldron: Amid the mysterious realms, a black pot brimmed with fog from a spell and filled with juice for guests can be the touch that sends thrills.

These simple 8 options are only a few of the magical wonders that will fill our frightful fantasy worlds. Whatever you do to celebrate this October 31st, whether you dress up or stay home and hand out King sized candies, remember to remain masked up and enjoy the supernatural pleasantries!

Bianca Houser

Louisiana Tech '23

Hi I'm Bianca H, some call me Terra. Focused in Liberal Arts and classifying as a sophomore with spunk! Usually, drawing and socializing. Catch me on campus next year but due to Pandemic we'll only communicate through the Web. Peace, love and curls!
I'm a Junior Creative Writing major and Editor in Cheif for the Her Campus chapter at Louisiana Tech University, who hopes to be a professional writer/editor one day! I love to joke around, but also talk about critical moments in my life and those that surround me to hopefully offer entertainment and guidance to my readers!