Style

Four Places to Shop at When You’re Broke

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisiana Tech chapter.

Fashion, clothes, style. These things can cost more than what we allow ourselves to buy. Like a cute blazer that you see on a fashion blogger’s newsfeed, but it costs $300. No fear, here are some stores and tips where you can shop on a budget that will make you and your wallet happy.

TJMAXX- this store has wide varieties of brands to choose from with great prices. Style that is also budget friendly? Yes, please!

Target- the clothing section here is more diverse and has more clothing for plus sizes. Target has great prices and a wide variety of brands to choose from while obtaining low prices.

Amazon- who doesn’t use Amazon? The website is the world’s oyster. You can find almost anything with the click of a button. Prime members have access to Prime Wardrobe, which lets you try on clothes before buying them. How cool is that?

Goodwill- Doing good for the community is good for the soul. So is thrift shopping. Goodwill allows customers to donate old clothing while recycling clothing for others to wear a low price. Recycling for the win!

There are even fashion/shopping apps like liketoknow.it, Poshmark, and Wish that help people who want to find fashion on a budget. Also, don’t be afraid to look in the clearance sections of stores. You could find what you’ve always wanted priced lower than before.

Gwendolyn is a Louisiana Tech University graduate with a Bachelor's Degree in English with a concentration in Creative Writing. She worked as a contributing writer under the La Tech HC Chapter. In her free time, she loves to read, write, edit, listen to music, watch movies, and explore new places and things. She plans to find work in book publishing for children's books.
Alicia Centers

Louisiana Tech '20

I am a junior Cyber Engineering major who just enjoys hanging out with awesome gals outside of school!