This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisiana Tech chapter.

Spring has finally arrived and it is time for freshly bloomed flowers, warmer weather, and new beginnings. Spring also is known as a starting point for new beginnings. Spring cleaning is one of those new starts. If spring cleaning is complicated or you have nowhere to start, here are some tips to help you get through it.

Make a list- make a list of all of the areas around you that needed tidying up: your bedroom, living room, bathroom, even your car. Making a list makes it easier to see what you want to tackle and gives you a great place to start.

Boxes- boxes help organize and store unwanted/unused items. Labeling the boxes like “old clothes”, “give away pile”, and “do I need this” can help declutter mental and physical spaces.

Be honest- being honest with yourself can be challenging when it comes to spring cleaning. You may find yourself asking, “do I really need this?” and your answer may be “yes, because it’s cute and it goes with everything” or “I don’t need it now but I may need it later”. The best tip for this is if you can see yourself using items in the next three months, keep it. If not, give it away.

Redecorate- redecorating helps spice things up around you. Instead of purging items and placing wanted items back where they were before, put them in a new spot so it gives the space a fresher look to it.

Clean- don’t forget to clean! This is probably one of the most important things to do. If there’s dust collecting in hard-to-reach places or something that desperately should be cleaned but you haven’t in a while, now is definitely the time to do it.

Spring cleaning can be a breeze with these tips (see what I did there?). These tips will help declutter your space and cleanse your mind to keep life purified and relaxed. Even if you are unable to dedicate a weekend or full day to spring cleaning, divide up the areas and tackle it day-by-day or how you see fit. It can be done, even for the busiest collegiette.

Gwendolyn is a Louisiana Tech University graduate with a Bachelor's Degree in English with a concentration in Creative Writing. She worked as a contributing writer under the La Tech HC Chapter. In her free time, she loves to read, write, edit, listen to music, watch movies, and explore new places and things. She plans to find work in book publishing for children's books.
Alicia Centers

Louisiana Tech '20

I am a junior Cyber Engineering major who just enjoys hanging out with awesome gals outside of school!