This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisiana Tech chapter.

If you are reading this, I imagine you are either really into reading articles written by college students, or you want to be the one writing them. Either way, I see a dreamer inside of you. If you are like me, it has not always been easy accepting that part of yourself. In real life, dreams are more complicated than in our imaginations. It’s one reason why I believe most people shy away from pursuing their seemingly hopeless aspirations, but I can guarantee that every important person that you know did not get to where they are by playing it safe.

woman standing in a sunflower field
Photo by Matteo Vistocco from Unsplash
I once heard someone say to someone else, “Have a good line.” Yes, line. That thing separating the year of your birth and the year of your death is a line. Only you can control what you do with it. That line is your life, however short or long. Use it to dream, and then use it to accomplish those dreams, against all odds or snide remarks from people who could never understand.

People may see your dreams as unrealistic, and they may think you’re totally insane. You’re not living your life for those people. You’re living for you. However unrealistic something may seem now, it won’t be when it’s out there in the world. Maybe you want to be a creator, a singer, a dancer, or a writer. Just remember, without someone to dream up music or beautiful words, the world would be a lot less magical.

Smiley face on the street
Photo by Jacqueline Munguia from Unsplash
If you want to be a creator, create a creation geared toward creators, understanding that there people like you that will accept and appreciate your version of genius. If you want to be a writer, write words that define, not a generation, but a millennium. Only in a thousand years would anyone ever be able to grasp the notion that infinity can exist inside an individual, not in terms of time, but in terms of importance. 

I believe infinity exists so clearly in dreamers because they’re the only ones with a mind capable of producing “impossible”. 

“Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than the one with all the facts.”

-Albert Einstein 

Kaylea Sepulvado

Louisiana Tech '21

Computer Information Systems major at Louisiana Tech University. Also, I love writing.
I'm a Junior Creative Writing major and Editor in Cheif for the Her Campus chapter at Louisiana Tech University, who hopes to be a professional writer/editor one day! I love to joke around, but also talk about critical moments in my life and those that surround me to hopefully offer entertainment and guidance to my readers!