Amelia Kramer-Girl Jumping In Front Of Coca Cola Mural
Amelia Kramer / Her Campus

Coke With Coffee: The Big Debate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisiana Tech chapter.

If you haven’t heard yet, Coca-cola recently released their brand new Coke With Coffee drink. Yep, you read that right, coke with coffee. I’m not going to lie, I was extremely skeptical. As much as I love Coca-cola and as much as I love coffee I couldn’t pass up the chance to try it out for myself.

I really enjoy them. Out of the three flavors, I’ve only tried vanilla and caramel, but I have liked them both. I will admit it was really really weird at first. The combination threw my taste buds for a loop, with the combination of my two favorite drinks splashed into one, but after getting used to it I slowly fell in love.

The caramel option was the first one I tried. I personally really enjoy caramel in my coffee so I figured this was the flavor for me. After the first sip, I liked it but it didn’t quite hit the spot. Surprisingly after trying the vanilla flavor, I like that one so much more.  To me, the vanilla flavor is more subtle and blends well with the Coca-cola and coffee taste. After my first sip of the vanilla, I loved it and even bought a case to keep at my apartment. I think the added vanilla mixes the flavors well and makes the shock of coffee and coke way more subtle. 

While I like it, I could see how it may not be everyone’s favorite drink. The concept of it sipping like coke and finishing like coffee, while it’s a great description of its taste, not everyone is looking for that. 

Coke with Coffee is something made for a specific taste bud type, one who doesn’t mind two flavors so different combined on such a real yet tasteful level. If you’re unsure about the taste of coffee and coke isn’t your favorite soft drink, this may not be the drink for you, but you’ll never know until you try. 

I enjoyed the vanilla coke with coffee, but I think you have a specific taste for a drink like this, so try it out and see for yourself! 

As a little girl, I spent hours writing stories. Obviously they weren't exactly bestsellers, but it was my passion nevertheless. I would fill up my notebooks with everything I didn't know how to say out loud, and anything I could imagine. Now, as a college student, I'm chasing my dream one word at a time. I'm currently studying English and Marketing, with the intention of becoming an editor.
I'm a Junior Creative Writing major and Editor in Cheif for the Her Campus chapter at Louisiana Tech University, who hopes to be a professional writer/editor one day! I love to joke around, but also talk about critical moments in my life and those that surround me to hopefully offer entertainment and guidance to my readers!